• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Why are you collecting transfer tax?

JohnnyK

"My name is NOT Johnny!"
Forum Supporter
IMHO in this situation, the transfer fee should be lowered to $23.13, and tax added accordingly, voila, $25.00 fee!

Guido

Vegas' Favorite Gun Store
Commercial Sponsor
I've been asked to testify Thursday. It looks like we're going to get this stupid tax knocked out and we can move on with life! I'll be happy when its gone.

pick_six

Adjusting to the west!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Good luck to ya! on your behalf, and ours.

While you testify, I just hope they listen, and act as we hope!

I've been asked to testify Thursday. It looks like we're going to get this stupid tax knocked out and we can move on with life! I'll be happy when its gone.

Tony Shelton

Obsessed Member
Just spoke with Jill Dickman. She said it is very important to have a good showing. If anyone can bring some numbers showing facts about how many times taxes are already collected like Cabelas etc AND people who can testify how they receive guns that are gifts from relatives. This one is not a slam dunk, far from it. We need to make a presence.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
I've no choice but to pay this tax today. I had a rifle built, it's ready, and I want it now...

teammazza

shooter
Forum Supporter
Just spoke with Jill Dickman. She said it is very important to have a good showing. If anyone can bring some numbers showing facts about how many times taxes are already collected like Cabelas etc AND people who can testify how they receive guns that are gifts from relatives. This one is not a slam dunk, far from it. We need to make a presence.
Looks like none of these gun bills are a slam dunk. What a mess the RINOS have made things.

Guido

Commercial Sponsor
My testimony went well as well as Megan the NVFAC lobbyist. A good speaker from the north as well that took the "2nd amendment defender" route.

All in all, the politicians that run our cities, states, and country are idiots and don't quite "get it" when it comes to common sense thinking.

Megan and I did get to set a few things straight for the record and hopefully cleared a few points up from them. Tax Department seemed like they would back off by changing it to a use tax that the consumer is responsible for on their own at the end of the year like any other product.

We'll see I guess.

Bulleteater

Big Stick policy
Forum Supporter
My testimony went well as well as Megan the NVFAC lobbyist. A good speaker from the north as well that took the "2nd amendment defender" route.

All in all, the politicians that run our cities, states, and country are idiots and don't quite "get it" when it comes to common sense thinking.

Megan and I did get to set a few things straight for the record and hopefully cleared a few points up from them. Tax Department seemed like they would back off by changing it to a use tax that the consumer is responsible for on their own at the end of the year like any other product.

We'll see I guess.
You did well, and good job handling that idiot Hambrick's comment about the "Kelly Blue Book" value of guns. Hambrick probably doesn't know there are guns being made today that have a higher rate of fire than his grand daddy's breechblock.

Where are all the NV gun store owners like yourself in support of AB-316? If the taxation department's ruling is such a fiscal clusterf**k why aren't FFLs more vocal about it?

Guido's testimony starts at approx 1:41:00...
http://nvleg.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=14&clip_id=4878

Guido

Commercial Sponsor
You did well, and good job handling that idiot Hambrick's comment

Where are all the NV gun store owners like yourself in support of AB-316?
Thank you Sir! It was hard to keep my cool talking to my "elders" that can't grasp a simple concept that firearms were getting singled out here. They all seem to live in a fantasy world and just make stuff up as they go.

The other store owners were quiet on this one because most of them believe by adding the sales tax it will level the playing field for brick and mortar stores and more people will buy local.

Its not the case in my eyes because no brick and mortar with the overhead it bears will ever be able to compete with big box wholesalers going straight to retail online with just minimal warehouse overhead.

Hopefully my being there in support of firearm owners in NV says something to the community about the way I choose to run my business.

4x4Brit

Worktruck Driver
I've been to your store a couple of times, both positive experiences. I pretty much discount coming to you because of the distance you are from me. From what I have read about your stance on this and the way you conduct yourself makes me think I will make the drive in the future to give you business. Thanks for taking the fight to them.

I've been to your store a couple of times, both positive experiences. I pretty much discount coming to you because of the distance you are from me. From what I have read about your stance on this and the way you conduct yourself makes me think I will make the drive in the future to give you business. Thanks for taking the fight to them.
Dude owns another store in town but it's more a "machine gun experience" I wish it was at least part NFA south...maybe even seperate from the rest of the place. Hint, Hint.

Now wake up and let's go shoot!