• Chat feature is now enabled for ALL USERS!

Wolf Ammo

nvlar15

They call him Bullwacker
Forum Supporter
I never had any failures with Wolf Gold, but it was not as accurate as PMC Bronze from my rifles, so now I just stick with PMC for general plinking.

steel cased ammo

i have shot wolf and tula steel cased ammo in my sks for years................. no problems , why wouldn't an american made rifle, obviously better steel , not hold up to steel cased ammo when Russian or Chinese rifles will shoot tens of thousands of rounds with no ill effect ? , i can understand possibly tighter chamber tolerances in a USA made rifle , but complete failure , i don't see the problem here...:scsniper2:

DonTom

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
i have shot wolf and tula steel cased ammo in my sks for years................. no problems , why wouldn't an american made rifle, obviously better steel , not hold up to steel cased ammo when Russian or Chinese rifles will shoot tens of thousands of rounds with no ill effect ? , i can understand possibly tighter chamber tolerances in a USA made rifle , but complete failure , i don't see the problem here...:scsniper2:
You answered your own question. Tighter tolerances in American rifles. The SKS is less picky.

-Don- Reno

Not a significant problem with steel cased Wolff in my AR's in 20 years. Of course you can get a few bad rounds in any ammo especially at cheap prices but for shooting at paper and rocks I don't mind throwing 2 or 3 away now and then.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
In my testing days, I bought a case of Tula. Jammed both of my ARs and my Mini-14. Cleaning rods were required to open the actions. I couldn't believe it. In what few rounds of Wolf steel I've put through various rifles, I've had no problems.

I've bought cases of Wolf Gold, on the other hand. It's solid stuff. It's probably a reason why a lot of other brands have dropped in price to compete, too.

In my testing days, I bought a case of Tula. Jammed both of my ARs and my Mini-14. Cleaning rods were required to open the actions. I couldn't believe it. In what few rounds of Wolf steel I've put through various rifles, I've had no problems.

I've bought cases of Wolf Gold, on the other hand. It's solid stuff. It's probably a reason why a lot of other brands have dropped in price to compete, too.
Among the commonly available steel cased rifle brands, Tula is pretty universally looked at as the basterd red-headed stepchild that is a disappointment....

Personally I've fired thousands of rounds of Tula in my AK's with no problems. But plenty of guys say its junk, and have had bad experiences with it. I've read enough bad reports that I know longer buy it/ stockpile it, as pretty much all steel cased ammo is about the same price.

Not a significant problem with steel cased Wolff in my AR's in 20 years. Of course you can get a few bad rounds in any ammo especially at cheap prices but for shooting at paper and rocks I don't mind throwing 2 or 3 away now and then.
Shooting a rocks,HaHa! I guess we all have done it but only at the distant ones.They do make a beautiful white puff of smoke on impact that is thrilling to watch.
P.S.Wolf gold is ok by me,works great in my M-4.