• Welcome to Nevada Shooters!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, buy and sell with in our popular Trading Post and more! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
  • Attention mobile users! The Tapatalk integration is down until further notice. For the full mobile experience, please simply use your web browser on your mobile device to view the forum. Thank you!

Your favorite shooting range LV?

Lrh502

Very Active Member
I am a member of Boulder Rifle and Pistol Club. They have a silhouette range with steel targets out to 1000 yards and you can set up your own if you want. My only complaint is that they have so many club/organized events that shut down parts of the range most weekends. It is available 24 hours since we have electronic chip gate cards so you can plah witb your weapon lights or night vision devices if you have them. I get there at sun up to get a lane for rifle zeroing or I can get there after 1400 or so and there are plenty of open spots. If there is any wind I pretty much get the whole place to myself since most gun owners are fair weather shooters.

DSRPC is the range I belong to. Although I don’t believe they are excepting new members at this time. It’s location has a great view with Red Rock being right there. Still a fairly new member, but from my short experience I’ve never had any issues.

Another DSRPC member here for ten years now. It just works for me, convenient location, good staff overall very happy. My only hope is the encroachment of summerlin doesnt lead to its demise

jim

Obsessed Member
I've had mostly good experiences at pro gun. You can get a solo burm there and do transition drills. No membership required to shoot there.

SeegarSmoker

Prefers Wheelguns
As mentioned, Pro Gun Club is open to the public. You have to watch a short safety video and they give you an ID card good for a year. Then you just pay the range fee. The $300 membership allows you unlimited shooting rather than paying a range fee each visit.

As far as desert shooting I go out to Sloan and shoot on designated BLM land.

Obsessed Member
I'm a Boulder City Guy, while I agree the weekends can suck because there's so many things going on, I've never been approached by a range master except one time on a weekday. Had the whole members side to myself. Harry comes up and cause it sounds good ! I'm doing some testing with an M21. I had to see what the hell you were shooting.

I can't say the same for Desert Sportsman, other than the vintage shoot, almost everytime I've been there on some sort of group function on the other lanes we've been approached by someone, made to safety our guns while some sort of speech is given. From that observation alone it's not for me.

I'm a Boulder City Guy, while I agree the weekends can suck because there's so many things going on, I've never been approached by a range master except one time on a weekday. Had the whole members side to myself. Harry comes up and cause it sounds good ! I'm doing some testing with an M21. I had to see what the hell you were shooting.

I can't say the same for Desert Sportsman, other than the vintage shoot, almost everytime I've been there on some sort of group function on the other lanes we've been approached by someone, made to safety our guns while some sort of speech is given. From that observation alone it's not for me.
Funny I’ve pratically never had any issues at DSRPC. I will preface this with I also never went on the weekend, my job allowed me to shoot during the week. I almost never had to share range space and only interacted with the RSOs twice and they were always polite and professional.

1. Boulder Rifle & Pistol Club (member🤠)
2. Desert Sportsman Rifle Club
3. *Pro Gun Club* - One caveat though, BIG ROCKS EVERYWHERE!! IN the backstops, berms, cell floors, shooting lanes. More than a few competitive shooters have taken a header there...🤕