• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

.22lr single action style fun gun?

Any recommendations for a sub $300 single action just for fun? Seems like there are a lot out there, but I've got no clue about revolvers, especially single actions.

Looking for an old Colt style btw.

nschiff

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Agree on the Wrangler. Can be found for somewhat less than $200 if you wait for sales as well (paid $150 for mine).

Prices are considerably higher, but older Colts (Frontier Scout, etc.) are also amazing fun, if you wanted to splurge.

FYI don’t expect it to be some ultra accurate tack driver. But mine functions 100% and is a blast to shoot, totally accurate enough for having fun, but I wouldn’t be shooting it for groups.
Nice!

Na, not looking for anything precise, I just want it to fulfill my youthful cowboy fantasies and keep shooting pistols more while other ammo is hard or expensive to come by.

Gullwing

Padawan Apprentice 3rd Class
Staff member
Just picked up a Wrangler today for well a good price used. Now to keep or to piss off my niece and give it to her???? LOL
Maybe keep until her bday next year...
And since the things I ordered haven't shipped or at least arrived... she will be upset............

Luxom

Obsessed Member
Hey Anono did you ever pick up a wrangler??
For what its worth i would probably also go wrangler. Ive shot probably 1500rds through my heritage rough rider already and it tends to need cleaned and tightened up about every 200rds or it really starts getting some hitch in the giddyup. Ive considered putting blue loctite on some of the smaller frame screws and on the ejector rod screw but its easy enough to just carry a small screwdriver in my range cleaning kit and snug them up. I DO like the looks of the Rough Rider over the Wrangler but my next purchase is either going to be a Wrangler in Black Cherry for my wife or a henry golden boy. Whichever i see first next time i get money. LoL

*a sweet lookin lil thing in white*
Da** Marn do you own any guns that arent pretty??!
The ivory checkered grips look great on that.

Dr. Marneaus

Wheel Gun Guy
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
For what its worth i would probably also go wrangler. Ive shot probably 1500rds through my heritage rough rider already and it tends to need cleaned and tightened up about every 200rds or it really starts getting some hitch in the giddyup. Ive considered putting blue loctite on some of the smaller frame screws and on the ejector rod screw but its easy enough to just carry a small screwdriver in my range cleaning kit and snug them up. I DO like the looks of the Rough Rider over the Wrangler but my next purchase is either going to be a Wrangler in Black Cherry for my wife or a henry golden boy. Whichever i see first next time i get money. LoL

Yes, I have ugly guns.

Funny, I was just going to post an update. I handled one and I also had a chance to handle a Single Six. The SS felt noticeably better to me, so I held out on the Wrangler and kept my eye out for a SS at a good price. I found one for $350, so I went with that. Should ship to FFL this week, so I'll let you know.

MET45

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Funny, I was just going to post an update. I handled one and I also had a chance to handle a Single Six. The SS felt noticeably better to me, so I held out on the Wrangler and kept my eye out for a SS at a good price. I found one for $350, so I went with that. Should ship to FFL this week, so I'll let you know.
Single Sixes are bad ass. We have a .22lr/.22 mag, and a pair of matched .32’s.

Luxom

Obsessed Member
Thats a good deal. Id definitely like to find a single six for that price but the wife has her heart set on the pink gun and im okay with that.
Single Sixes are bad ass. We have a .22lr/.22 mag, and a pair of matched .32’s.
Didnt realize they made them in .32
Is that 32 short, long, acp, or 32 sw???