• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

.22lr single action style fun gun?

MET45

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Thats a good deal. Id definitely like to find a single six for that price but the wife has her heart set on the pink gun and im okay with that.

Didnt realize they made them in .32
Is that 32 short, long, acp, or 32 sw???
.32 HR mag, but will shoot .32 S&W longs and shorts.

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Thats a good deal. Id definitely like to find a single six for that price but the wife has her heart set on the pink gun and im okay with that.

Didnt realize they made them in .32
Is that 32 short, long, acp, or 32 sw???
I didn't know that either! :)

Both of mine are 'three screw'. I have a regular and a convertible.

Dr. Marneaus

Wheel Gun Guy
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
Funny, I was just going to post an update. I handled one and I also had a chance to handle a Single Six. The SS felt noticeably better to me, so I held out on the Wrangler and kept my eye out for a SS at a good price. I found one for $350, so I went with that. Should ship to FFL this week, so I'll let you know.
Single Six is indeed a much higher quality gun. Good find.

Obviously from the pictures, it came today. There were (and still are) some mysteries from me on this one regarding year, but I knew it was an old model in excellent condition.

I was able to get the range right after picking it up and inspecting it for any safety issues. Works like a Swiss clock. There are some tiny wear on the heel of the butt, but that is pretty much it.

Would love to know about the serial number if anyone is an expert. None of the databases are turning anything up. I'll have to look more later. It's not a transfer bar conversion, but it does look like at some point the last digit "9" was added. It's larger and out of line with the rest. I'm not sure what that could be. Without the 9, it would be a '57, but with it, who knows.

Anyhow, man, I haven't shot a revolver since I was probably 6-7-8, and it wasn't a single action. How freakin' fun. That last click is so satisfying and crisp. Surprisingly light and great trigger as well. I shot 150 rounds and my thumb is basically raw, but whatever. It took a little while to get used to shooting with one hand, but pretty much dead on after that.

All in all 11/10. I just hope it's not some rare model that I'm defacing by shooting it haha.

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Obviously from the pictures, it came today. There were (and still are) some mysteries from me on this one regarding year, but I knew it was an old model in excellent condition.

I was able to get the range right after picking it up and inspecting it for any safety issues. Works like a Swiss clock. There are some tiny wear on the heel of the butt, but that is pretty much it.

Would love to know about the serial number if anyone is an expert. None of the databases are turning anything up. I'll have to look more later. It's not a transfer bar conversion, but it does look like at some point the last digit "9" was added. It's larger and out of line with the rest. I'm not sure what that could be. Without the 9, it would be a '57, but with it, who knows.

Anyhow, man, I haven't shot a revolver since I was probably 6-7-8, and it wasn't a single action. How freakin' fun. That last click is so satisfying and crisp. Surprisingly light and great trigger as well. I shot 150 rounds and my thumb is basically raw, but whatever. It took a little while to get used to shooting with one hand, but pretty much dead on after that.

All in all 11/10. I just hope it's not some rare model that I'm defacing by shooting it haha.

Super Single-Six Revolver
(Manufactured from 1964 to 1972)
Caliber: .22 LR

Beginning Serial Number: Years of Production:
500001 1964
502608 1965
517860 1966
528826 1967
547679 1968
566735 1969
60-13852 1970
60-52410 1971
60-81278 1972

http://www.ruger.com/service/productHistory.html#

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=73513

--------------------------------

From your pic, the first digit is a little lower as well.

As far as shooting it, go for it. As long as you take care of it, you're not ruining anything.

Last edited: