• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

22s 7cents a round Walmart Fernley

I was in fernley walmart at about 10:10 am today and walmart had 325 packs of federal auto match 40gr for $21 and winchester super X 300 packs for $41. They let me buy 3 boxes of the federals and out the door including sales tax, carpet tax. thumbtax. and tax tax for under $68 that is just under 7 cents a round. They had plenty more when I left.
NDR

Luxom

Obsessed Member
Lots of people dont like federal ammo for whatever reason but those 325 packs showing up in wallyworld have pulled me through all summer.
They work good in my s&w 15-22, as well as my revolvers. Havent noticed a dud yet, and they seem to be loaded a bit hotter than golden bullets or similar priced offerings. Id be interested to see chrono data compared to cci, rem, win, etc... But i dont have a chrono to do as such.

Last edited:

Dr. Marneaus

Wheel Gun Guy
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
Come on buddy practice your malfunction drills lol. That would be a type 4 malfunction, use the firearm as a hammer and repeat.
No kidding right?

Not only have I had boxes where 1 in 10 was a dud, it has also leaded the barrels of a few of my guns so heavily that I have had to use a hammer to tap a brass jig through the lead so I could even get a brush inside the bore.

That (poop) is garbage

Lots of people dont like federal ammo for whatever reason but those 325 packs showing up in wallyworld have pulled me through all summer.
They work good in my s&w 15-22, as well as my revolvers. Havent noticed a dud yet, and they seem to be loaded a bit hotter than golden bullets or similar priced offerings. Id be interested to see chrono data compared to cci, rem, win, etc... But i dont have a chrono to do as such.
These are the federal Auto Match. In my heavy barrel 10-22 I can hit my 4 inch disk at 300 yards about 50 percent of the time. And since it is a 10-22 it eats federals just fine. Now I do have a GSG that is really picky and does not care for anything less than 40gr and is even picky with the 40r. My Henry, Ruger mark 2 and 4 eat anything.

Luxom

Obsessed Member
These are the federal Auto Match. In my heavy barrel 10-22 I can hit my 4 inch disk at 300 yards about 50 percent of the time.
Yup im familiar. I keep a few boxes in my range bag. I dont ever shoot this past 100yds but it does perfectly fine at that distance. Its mostly just a training rifle to help teach new shooters.

1123211210.jpg

Last edited: