• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

.375 Bertram Brass ?

Which 375?

I'm assuming it's one of the old 375 Flanged, like what would be used in a double rifle - but which one, and what are you shooting it in?

I've used Bertram brass in numerous calibers, and the answer to your question has much to do with how you are handling it.

A flanged cartridge headspaces on the rim.
The old 375 flanged is a relatively low pressure cartridge.
If your dies are proper, and are used properly, that brass should stand to get loaded and re-loaded a lot.

mdslammer

MDslammer
Forum Supporter
Which 375?

I'm assuming it's one of the old 375 Flanged, like what would be used in a double rifle - but which one, and what are you shooting it in?

I've used Bertram brass in numerous calibers, and the answer to your question has much to do with how you are handling it.

A flanged cartridge headspaces on the rim.
The old 375 flanged is a relatively low pressure cartridge.
If your dies are proper, and are used properly, that brass should stand to get loaded and re-loaded a lot.
Sorry. It's for the 375 Cheytac.

That's a high pressure 55k+, and typically over 125gr powder

My experience with Bertram brass is that it's soft, which is fine for the nitro express cartridges which run pressures in the 40's

The cheytac might be different

If your chamber and dies are set up right and you can get away with mostly just neck sizing you might be ok

Find out and report back

NYECOGunsmith

BANNED FOR LIFE
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
I have Bertram Brass for my .45-110-2-7/8" Sharps that has been reloaded 70 plus times..........all with black powder and cleaned as soon after firing as possible.
With black powder, if it is cleaned soon, the life span is incredible.
I think it was Mike Venturino who mentioned in an article a few years back that he had some BB brass he used for BPCR matches that was approaching the 1,000 reloads per case , it doesn't suffer much when used with black powder.
They make good brass, expensive, but good.
For my Sharps I gave $3 per case for it in 1990, it's still expensive, now over $6 per cartridge case.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
It's on my list to get some cases from them for my .43 Mauser.