• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

400 Car-Bon

TFG5914

NRA /GOA life member
I have a set of Dillon 3 carbide pistol dies 400 Car-Bon
Does anyone load for this caliber ?? or is this one of those wildcats that did not catch on ??
Cannot locate any pistols or barrels for this caliber??
Thanks

Last edited:

flyer338

NRA Patriot Life Member Benefactor
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
It was one of the not-so-successful attempts to create a bottle-neck .40 caliber for the 1911. My memory is that the only charge is to install the bbl. I suspect the ballistics of the 10mm affected he popularity of the bottle-neck cartridge conversions. Let me know if you would like to sell the dies.

TFG5914

NRA /GOA life member
It was one of the not-so-successful attempts to create a bottle-neck .40 caliber for the 1911. My memory is that the only charge is to install the bbl. I suspect the ballistics of the 10mm affected he popularity of the bottle-neck cartridge conversions. Let me know if you would like to sell the dies.
Yes i would like to sell ,don't see any use for them
it is a Dillon 3 carbide set # 11030 /with powder funnel
Dillon does not have online ?
I am in Henderson -green valley area
Thanks

Last edited:

flyer338

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
I ordered a barrel, nm link, link kit, and bushing from Sarco for $89 all in. Once it arrives, I will convert one of my 1911 Colts and report back. (I bought the die set.)

flyer338

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
check out Sarco I believe they have the barrels for the 400 as for the brass like a needle in a haystack
Starline has cases available. I bought 500 pieces for $137. It is the small primer pocket variety. My research is that the small primer pocket cases are more robust, and the Starline cases are made from thicker 45+p cases.

Last edited:

flyer338

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
The cases that are a real needle in a haystack are those for 9X25 Dillon (10mm necked to 9mm). That is my other project.

have not found anybody that has a 1911 barrel for the 9x25 dillon but heard rumor a company out of Texas is gearing up for custom barrels for the 1911. Waiting for a reply from them before info. given out like pricing length of time of order to deliver

flyer338

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Bar-sto is making a six inch barrel in 9X25 Dillon to fit the five-inch slide on my Colt Delta Elite. There is a six-week lead time and the price is $295. Carbide dies are available from Dillon for $205 including tax and shipping.

Bar-sto does not list 9X25 Dillon barrels on their website, but if you call they will make one for you.