• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Alec Baldwin Shoots 2, Kills 1 With Prop Gun on Movie Set

tbirdsc

not so n00b
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
^From the article - Alec Baldwin was holding a real gun on the set of "Rust" that he was led to believe was loaded with inactive dummy rounds. While setting up a scene with Hutchins and director Joel Souza, Baldwin drew the weapon and reportedly cocked back the hammer, causing it to go off and discharge a live round that should never have been on the set of the movie in the first place.-

This is the first time I read about the above so forgive me if I am being redundant - but - if he was supposedly only handling the firearm for setting up a scene - why did in have any type of round (inactive, dummy or otherwise) in the cylinder to begin with - period?

pick_six

Adjusting to the west!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
your last paragraph/question has pretty been the focus of this thread… since page one.. and exactly since the focus expanded to include the armorer on set…

dunno if anyone actually had a GOOD answer for that. It will be the subject of coming court cases, for sure. Definitely civil, maybe ???criminal???

barring insurance coverage, aka $$!, they’ll need Baldwin to be somehow tied up in the ruling (liable) as I don’t think anyone else involved has the kind of cash you’d want the family to get after this kind of event. JMHO.

^From the article - Alec Baldwin was holding a real gun on the set of "Rust" that he was led to believe was loaded with inactive dummy rounds. While setting up a scene with Hutchins and director Joel Souza, Baldwin drew the weapon and reportedly cocked back the hammer, causing it to go off and discharge a live round that should never have been on the set of the movie in the first place.-

This is the first time I read about the above so forgive me if I am being redundant - but - if he was supposedly only handling the firearm for setting up a scene - why did in have any type of round (inactive, dummy or otherwise) in the cylinder to begin with - period?

flyer338

NRA Patriot Life Member Benefactor
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
Ultimately the responsibility is Baldwin's; when anyone picks up a gun, that person, and that person alone, is responsible for whatever comes out of the muzzle.

Glocksterpaulie

The Perfectionist
Forum Supporter

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
Armorer sues producer for hiring incompetent armorer. Well, she's not wrong.

That said, she also claims being officially tasked with other non-armorer prop work that divided her attentions. If she can prove that, she's got fuel for the fire.

Luxom

Obsessed Member
Armorer sues producer for hiring incompetent armorer. Well, she's not wrong.

That said, she also claims being officially tasked with other non-armorer prop work that divided her attentions. If she can prove that, she's got fuel for the fire.
Honestly i still see this almost entirely as Baldwins fault and everybody focused on the armorer instead.
I still dont know how you can kill somebody while holding a gun and blame somebody else for it. You're literally holding the smoking gun Smart Alec!

Dr. Marneaus

Wheel Gun Guy
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
Too bad the mental midget didnt though. You'd think a guy like that would especially want the ability to protect himself with a firearm but he probably pays a team of guys with guns for that so he can keep his hands clean while being "anti gun".
F*** Dinklage.
I mean, thats how like 98% of actors and hollywood people are. Why would he be outside the norm? Because hes little?

Dr. Marneaus

Wheel Gun Guy
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
It would maybe seem even more personal for somebody of that stature but then hes probably just used to feeling helpless.
These people all tend to be out of touch reality and likely dont think anything bad could ever happen to them. They make their livings by pretending they are in fantasy lands, after all.