• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Any body know if this is a factory Ruger mag

Earthquake

Obsessed Member
I picked up this Ruger MK1 .22 pistol and was wondering if it is a factory mag? It also seem to be split on both sides and bent in to keep the rounds in the front [see arrow] is that normal, it also only holds 9 rounds. Thanks for any help
eQ
IMGP4121.JPG IMGP4122.JPG

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
I don't have one of those old ones anymore, but it fits with my memory of being 9 rounds and looking like that. IIRC, the thumb pressure button is also on the other side from the Mk 2+ models.

NYECOGunsmith

WILL BAN FOR AAA
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Its from the original Ruger Standard Model , and / or the Mark 1, the Standard Model starting in 1949 , the Mark 1 in 1951, and they only hold 9 rounds and they don't hold the bolt open after the last shot.
The feed lips roll in like that to control the round's exit from the magazine and guide it into the chamber, if they get damaged, feed reliability goes out the window.

Bumper

Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
Here's a picture of mine, one of the last early red eagles, serial dates is to after Alexander Sturm died by about a month. So they hadn't yet switched to black in his honor.

Earthquake

Obsessed Member
Thanks guy I knew somebody would know, any idea what they are worth? I want to sell it because I have no need for it. I would probably trade it for a Buckmark mag if any body wants it.

Casey