• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Any good 12v Cummins mechanics or shops?

majorbison

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Long story short - my pops passed and I inhereted his beloved 12V. No pristine example by any means but he ordered her new in '94 and used her to run his commercial fishing boat til he went back to gov't work. She means a lot to me.

I recently sent her to Utah to get put on a 4x4 frame. Upon return, there's some issues I need sorted before she goes to the shop for paint and body work, fresh lights and bumpers and (poop).

I'm tired of paying good money and getting subpar service. I never haggle, if its something I really want I just go for it. So please if you know a shop or a dude of upstanding caliber that's what I'm lookin for.

At this point she needs:
parking brake cables reattached and adjusted
AC line in engine bay reconnected
AC charged

Seems simple enough but I've been getting burned on at least 1/3 of the services I've been using. I'm into the truck for 13k already, major engine service, fresh trans, solid front axle, all that. Once these few issues are solved, I'll be back on track for the restoration. Thank you

857FDFCA-4591-4063-A1DD-1974D23FC793.jpeg C586CE3B-2035-4B88-827A-FD5B2298949C.jpeg

majorbison

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
got my nephews shop to take care of all that. anyone in here knowledgable in 2nd gen ram stuff? frame is a 1998. having issues figuring out if i need the brake rotors with the hub and studs or if the rotors can just be replaced

PM720

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
got my nephews shop to take care of all that. anyone in here knowledgable in 2nd gen ram stuff? frame is a 1998. having issues figuring out if i need the brake rotors with the hub and studs or if the rotors can just be replaced
Just did brakes on my 95' 2500 12v and the studs are in the rotors. Mine are 9/16ths but the first set of rotors we got were 1/2" so double check your stuff.

majorbison

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Just did brakes on my 95' 2500 12v and the studs are in the rotors. Mine are 9/16ths but the first set of rotors we got were 1/2" so double check your stuff.
yours had the studs pressed in already?

majorbison

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
81326E35-E9F8-4D41-8659-E138D5AECAA6.jpeg

i had the truck converted to 4wd by frame swapping a '98, hence the parts ordered. But if the hubs and studs should be replaced then I need to get it ordered

majorbison

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
my nephew did a kick ass job going through this thing. all new hubs, bearings, brakes, cleaned up wiring and installed all new oem lights. i'm excited to see this thing go off to paint.

i still need a cummins guy or shop to give it a once over, probably just get a major service done and i'd like to have 3k governor springs installed.

Any recommendations?

Zach - your dude super knowledgable about these things?