• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Any Lefty Glocks ever produced?

majorbison

Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
I finally received my Fluxbrace device which I ordered lefty because I shoot left... and it won't fit my Gen 4 Glock 17. It would fit if the slide lock was on the opposite side. I didn't know there could (couldn't?) be a slide stop on the right side of a Glock. I waited for this thing since November so I'm pretty bummed at the moment. I don't even know if they'll exchange it or return it considering the back order issues they're having.

It looks like this except my model has that metal finger on the left side of the slide and it's contacting the slide lock. It also doesn't allow the brace to seat on the back strap correctly.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
I went through their website and don't even see the left-hand version offered. Not a very intuitive website. But Glocks all have the slide stop/release on the left side, so if they did reverse that part of it in addition to the wrist brace part, they aren't very good engineers or testers of their product. Do you have any kind of extended slide lever? It does say it won't work with those.

Unlike most "brace" makers, they are very clear to say it's not a stock. I think it even says it on the back under the phrase "keep face away." Makes me wonder how strong it is if it was ever "misused" and had to hold up against actual recoil.

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
I went through their website and don't even see the left-hand version offered. Not a very intuitive website. But Glocks all have the slide stop/release on the left side, so if they did reverse that part of it in addition to the wrist brace part, they aren't very good engineers or testers of their product. Do you have any kind of extended slide lever? It does say it won't work with those.

Unlike most "brace" makers, they are very clear to say it's not a stock. I think it even says it on the back under the phrase "keep face away." Makes me wonder how strong it is if it was ever "misused" and had to hold up against actual recoil.

...I don't get it

majorbison

Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Mine is just a bone stock 17. I was so surprised when I opened it - when I ordered the left I ordered it for the brace piece to support left handed shooting. I thought the part that attaches to the back strap would be the same for all models.

In regards to how they appear to be functioning in the field - the reviews all seem to be pretty positive. It's their ability to keep up with demand that seems to upset most of the people.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
After some checking, looks like the 5th iteration of Perfection™ has an ambi slide lever but you can cut off a side that you don't want.

Last edited:

WantaG18

Knew member
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Gen 5 are ambidextrous as well as the 19X. Don't know if you could modify one of those slide stop levers to work with your Gen 4.

majorbison

Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
You can't see it but behind the disclaimer on the brace is the slide lock lever, which is preventing the brace from seating all the way. Opposite side there is clear portion for where it looks like a slide release would fit. (my finger isn't on the trigger in the last pic, bad lighting)

unnamed.jpg
unnamed (1).jpg