• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Anyone build a precision rimfire?

NvPirate

Barney had 2 bullets
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
I'm presently working on a Savage B Mag in 22WSM and just picked up a CZ 455.
My Savage came with a custom Boyd's stock and looking at putting a Boyd's stock on my CZ for a start.
Looking for a little more info on triggers and barrels.

Screenshot_20220405-040041_Chrome.jpg

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2022 Supporter
I put an excellent-shooting FV-SR in an EDC chassis for some 100-200Y KYL shooting. It was already tight with the right ammo and the chassis (with some experimentation with action screw torque values) tightened it up a tad bit more. It really was just a range gun since with the chassis it was a porker. No change to barrel or trigger as the heavy-fluted FV-SR barrel was a champ with the ammo selection and the accutrigger turned way down was just fine for what I was using it for.

Sad part is I finally ran out of the batch of ammo I was using for years and no new batch (or brand) has squeaked out the accuracy that first batch did.

PDC Chassis FV.jpg

Last edited:

NvPirate

Barney had 2 bullets
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
That's sweet. I'm going thru my optics that I have now and thinking of using an older K model Weaver. It's a fixed 15x with adjustable AO.

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2022 Supporter
I tried a few different optic combos, even trying some of the absurdly high magnification (25x and 32x) that some precision rimfire folks use, but settled on a 4-16x for my purposes (set at 12x-16x depending on range). Fine crosshairs is a must for tiny targets for what I am doing.

If you plan on shooting 22 ELR (300-500), and intend to shoot at any tiny RF silhouette targets, a higher magnification scope that can has the dial range for the distances would be recommended. At the ranges I'm shooting KYL (100-200) my 4-16x works just fine.

NvPirate

Barney had 2 bullets
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
I have several choices. I have a 6x24x50 and a 6x18x50. Both with adjustable AO.
One is a Leopold and the other a Pentax. Both are excellent optics.