• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Consignment / Trade-In / Buying Used Guns FAQ's

Guido

Vegas' Favorite Gun Store
Commercial Sponsor
USED FIREARM TRADE-IN / CONSIGNMENT INFORMATION

We offer several options for consignment of your firearms in our store, auctioning your firearms, buying your used firearms, or letting you trade in your used firearms towards the purchase of something in our shop.

You can bring your firearm into our store to be displayed for sale. We will agree on both an asking price and minimum price after examining the firearm and accessories. Please bring whatever related paperwork or accessories you have that will sell with the item (extra mags, holsters, ammo, etc).

We will display your item daily in our shop for sale. We also may advertise it on NV Shooters, ARFCOM, Backpage, New Frontier's Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram pages. This will ensure your item has maximum exposure to the local buying audience. We will be responsible for taking all pictures and posting all the info for your item.

Our fees are only 15% of the total sale price if you use the proceeds for store credit or a gift certificate. If you would like to be paid in cash when the item sells our fee is 20% of the total sale price.

The buyer of the item will be responsible for sales tax and the state background check fee. If you decide to pick your firearm up for ANY reason before it sells, you will be responsible for an ATF mandated background check fee of $25, but you will not incur any other fees. (If you have a CCW issued after 1 July 2011 you will be exempt from this fee.

We also will offer to auction your item on Gunbroker.com. The same fee's as above apply, plus our actual fees charged by Gunbroker. We have had great results using this auction site for rare, antique, or specialty firearms. You can reach a much larger audience and get top dollar for your item in today's market.

We can also offer you an instant cash buy price on your firearms, ammo, and accessories, as well as a trade in value that would be a bit higher.

Please remember to ensure your firearms are unloaded and cased if possible when presenting them for sale, trade-in, or consignment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Billua

Lake Mead Explorer
Forum Supporter
Consignment

I am a little confused as to why a person would have to undergo a background check in order to release a weapon back that was on consignment if the ownership had never changed. I know, it must be a state or federal reg, but is not logical.

The fact that you wouldn't charge a vig if we purchase another weapon in your store rocks!!!

I might see you this week!

Guido

Commercial Sponsor
Bill, I agree its ridiculous, and obviously, you're right....BATFE regulations!

ATF theory:

Unless its for gunsmithing, when a gun gets left at my shop, it gets signed into my books which makes me legally responsible for it. The shop owner does not know how or where you bought it, and if you did a background check to get it or bought it FTF, etc. If its in my shop for sale for a month, and you commit a crime or do something that makes you unable to pass a background check, they don't want the gun going back to you.

In most states this isn't a big deal, but like explained in my post about transfers, NV imposes a fee for the background check.....thats what makes it suck!

Drop me an e-mail if you want to bring them by. sales@newfrontierarmory.com

Variant_530

Link to your gunbroker listings

Can you provide a link to your gunbroker listings or gun broker account. I like to buy from gunbroker within the area to save on shipping.

Guido

Commercial Sponsor
With the recent passing of some great 2A laws and removal of laws, we are now 100% back in the used gun business!

What this means to you:

There is no longer a HOLD period for us to be able to sell your used guns

NFA will once again have a much larger selection of used guns for sale or trade

NFA will be able to place your guns in our store on consignment once again

NFA will let you trade in or sell us your used guns, ammo, and accessories

Stop in soon and let us help you sell that dusty firearm you don't shoot anymore and help get you into something thats been on your wish list!

REMINDER: We also buy estates and large collections of firearms, fishing gear, hunting gear, taxidermy, and anything outdoor related.

Last edited:
USED FIREARM TRADE-IN / CONSIGNMENT INFORMATION

We offer several options for consignment of your firearms in our store, auctioning your firearms, buying your used firearms, or letting you trade in your used firearms towards the purchase of something in our shop.

You can bring your firearm into our store to be displayed for sale. We will agree on both an asking price and minimum price after examining the firearm and accessories. Please bring whatever related paperwork or accessories you have that will sell with the item (extra mags, holsters, ammo, etc).

We will display your item daily in our shop for sale. We also may advertise it on NV Shooters, ARFCOM, Backpage, New Frontier's Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram pages. This will ensure your item has maximum exposure to the local buying audience. We will be responsible for taking all pictures and posting all the info for your item.

Our fees are only 10% of the total sale price if you use the proceeds for store credit or a gift certificate. If you would like to be paid in cash when the item sells our fee is 15% of the total sale price.

The buyer of the item will be responsible for sales tax and the state background check fee. If you decide to pick your firearm up for ANY reason before it sells, you will be responsible for an ATF mandated background check fee of $25, but you will not incur any other fees. (If you have a CCW issued after 1 July 2011 you will be exempt from this fee.

We also will offer to auction your item on Gunbroker.com. The same fee's as above apply, plus our actual fees charged by Gunbroker. We have had great results using this auction site for rare, antique, or specialty firearms. You can reach a much larger audience and get top dollar for your item in today's market.

We can also offer you an instant cash buy price on your firearms, ammo, and accessories, as well as a trade in value that would be a bit higher.

Please remember to ensure your firearms are unloaded and cased if possible when presenting them for sale, trade-in, or consignment.
i was told the fee is 20% on consignments just this last weekend.

Kinoons

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Things may have changed a little in the last 9 years?

Islas82

Active member (5.56mm)
If I had a firearm to sell or possibly trade do I have to choose something in store or are you able to order a specific firearm I might be interested in?

pick_six

Adjusting to the west!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
You may wish to contact New Frontier directly or drop by.

I am not sure how active their account is recently. But their store is open and they can probably give you good info

If I had a firearm to sell or possibly trade do I have to choose something in store or are you able to order a specific firearm I might be interested in?

Cams

Member (9mm)
Recently had consignment items NFA sold for me. I told them that I’m interested in a particular scope that NFA is a authorized dealer. NFA said that the funds generated from the consignment with their 15% could be applied towards the scope. Otherwise it would be 20% fee if I chose cash.