• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Embed a video?

Dr. Marneaus

Leave me alone.
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Is that a thing here? Most forums I can just drop a YouTube link and it embeds.

is there a button or something I need to click? I tried the ‘ button in the tool bar but it doesn’t work.

Harley

BANNED FOR LIFE+10 Because he dared me to do it!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Click on the “Share” link for the video. Then “Copy” and paste it in the message box.

IMG_4841.jpeg

MAC702

I don't believe in the no-win scenario
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor

I just copy the entire YouTube URL into the post. The forum software automatically puts the YouTube video ID inside a "MEDIA=youtube" "/MEDIA" tag, using brackets.

pick_six

Adjusting to the west!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Search for the video as Shown above and get where you could play it. Then look for the share button. Hit it. Look for copy link, the come here, in your post, and hit paste

Dr. Marneaus

Leave me alone.
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber

Bonez

Well-known member (45 ACP)
So it’s a shorts thing then huh?
yeah it looks like it, a quick google search reveals that this is “normal” for YT Shorts to not work that way but there are some workarounds but on the pages I skimmed over none of the workarounds appear to be do-able on the iPadOS platform I use to navigate NVS when I have a free moment.
Here’s a quick blurb from the first site I clicked in my search:
How to embed YouTube Shorts on your website (the easy way)
YouTube makes it very easy to embed YouTube live streams and videos, but when it comes to Shorts, YouTube have made it slightly more difficult by hiding the embed option within a right-click menu. To embed your Shorts, simply navigate to the YouTube short you want to embed, right click on it, and choose Copy embed code.
YouTube shorts copy embed code
YouTube shorts copy embed code
When you click Copy embed code, the iframe code will be automatically copied to your clipboard. This iframe code can simply be pasted into your webpage wherever you want to display your YouTube short
.”