• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Form 1 Efile wait times

I’m at 179 days on a form 1 I filed for an SBR. Not my first NFA item, and didn’t require the pending research as it was a normal lower model in their system. Getting irritated at this point 😡

42tula

uber Member
I’m at 179 days on a form 1 I filed for an SBR. Not my first NFA item, and didn’t require the pending research as it was a normal lower model in their system. Getting irritated at this point 😡
Get your congressional representative or senator involved. I was losing my mind waiting as well, around 160 days. I contacted my rep, filled out some paperwork, and the next week it was approved.

tbirdsc

not so n00b
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
WooHoo! The 2nd one just came in!

Thank you, Carol S. Ripley (ATF processor for both forms).

2 E-Form1s in 15 days!
Considering the time it takes for the prints to catch up to the submitted online form plus the two weekends involved - probably seven days of actual processing - pretty amazing

tbirdsc

not so n00b
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
Again, not too sound too tin foil hatty, but I am wondering if they are trying to clear out the backlog in anticipation of the influx of Form 1-s once certain point determined AR/AK platform pistols are deemed SBR-s.

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Considering the time it takes for the prints to catch up to the submitted online form plus the two weekends involved - probably seven days of actual processing - pretty amazing
Pretty much. Took and sent prints on the 9th. They arrived noonish on the 11th at the ATF Martinsburg. However much time to make their way to the processor's desk. Same processor did my last SBR submission in December.

4x4Brit

Worktruck Driver
I’m at 145ish days and in FBI delay status whatever that means. Makes no sense because it’s not my first. I think I need to have @Janizary bless or perform a ritual on my next filing 😂

tbirdsc

not so n00b
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
I’m at 145ish days and in FBI delay status whatever that means. Makes no sense because it’s not my first. I think I need to have @Janizary bless or perform a ritual on my next filing 😂
I read an article about filing Form 1 and Form 4-s (I wish I remember where to share) and the crux of it was that don't double check, don't triple check, quadruple check your form to make sure there are absolutely no mistakes. The article stated that once it gets to the FBI and they find just one mistake, no matter how minor, they put the form on the bottom of the pile and get to it when they can.

4x4Brit

Worktruck Driver
@4x4Brit Thinking I need to send a 'thank you' card to Carol S. Ripley :)
Definitely! She is the examiner on mine. She is very diligent for sure. Caught a mistake on my initial submission, kicked it back to me, I corrected it same day and she confirmed receipt minutes later.

Oh, um, they asked me about you. I THOUGHT they assumed I was joking!
Such a troublemaker! Everyone here is all oh oooh Mac is so great but I know better. I’m on to you and your shenanigans buster! 🤣🤣🤣

4x4Brit

Worktruck Driver
I read an article about filing Form 1 and Form 4-s (I wish I remember where to share) and the crux of it was that don't double check, don't triple check, quadruple check your form to make sure there are absolutely no mistakes. The article stated that once it gets to the FBI and they find just one mistake, no matter how minor, they put the form on the bottom of the pile and get to it when they can.
Nothing would surprise me.

Mine finally got approved at 189 days. Just took me coming on the forum and whining about it apparently 😂. However, I have three cans that I sent form 4s out for in January, and all is still quiet on that front.