• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

HAM Radio Net Thursday nights? (Canceled until further notice)

GatorJim

Squib Saver
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Well crap. What's new plan Steve?

NYECOGunsmith

WILL BAN FOR AAA Batteries
Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Well, there aren't any repeaters easily accessible from both sides of the mountain, so that pretty much leaves us with HF, something in the 40 or 80 meter bands would be the best bet.

GatorJim

Squib Saver
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
2 hf/Nvis hubs and local uhf/vhf spoke networks? What about the Mesquite syndicate?

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
The local club has a UHF repeater at the airport, but that isn't gonna reach. Maybe they'd be interested in linking. I'm not sure how this works.

GatorJim

Squib Saver
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
The local club has a UHF repeater at the airport, but that isn't gonna reach. Maybe they'd be interested in linking. I'm not sure how this works.
Well......If you happen to get your General, then you can be the Mesquite hub.........?

Tozan

Active member (5.56mm)
I am no longer close enough to get on up there but, you could try Echo link... The guy who owns USA-GNG Grits N Gravy might let you host a net on his link...

hmcret

Lurker (.22LR)
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
The Mesquite club has 2 repeaters at the airport. 448.02 is linked into the LVRA system, there are a number of repeaters in LV with one accessible from Pahrump by one of the club members that lives there. I just can't remember which one. (I left Mesquite and moved to Oklahoma in July)