• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

I forgot how fun a .22 is!

42tula

uber Member
I went out to DSPRC today on range #7, and had a blast. I took about an hour out of the afternoon, the CZ457, and went through ~150 rounds of crappy bulk box federal 40 grain. The CZ didn’t care one bit. Per usual, it nailed all the targets out there (that weren’t locked down for a competition), from 25 to 200 in a 13 mph wind. Good times!

I had a video, that I wanted to upload but have to figure out how to use the inter webs first apparently.

270BD08C-4163-417A-A4AC-1EF564BA4E53.jpeg

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
I love my little Savage FVSR. Just took it out of the (PDC) chassis it has been in for the last decade or so and put it back into a light weight stock and put a new Viper 2-10 on it a few months back. Love throwing clays up on the back berm of the bay, or a hillside, then chasing down all the fragments :)

Savage FVSR May 2021.JPG
PDC Chassis FV.jpg

Bob R

.22s are a blast. I have a .22 set up with a scope that is zeroed at 35 yds with .22 shorts. I used it for collared dove control in WA. I had a friend who always had dove around his wheat silos. I set up a blind and just let it set there. I would go down and do head shots on the dove until I had enough to make a decent meal. Like NV they were considered an invasive species so no season or limit.

Another of my favorites is a Polish Radom .22 trainer styled like a Mosin Nagant M39. Talk about overbuilt, that thing is lots of steel and wood. I like to use it for new shooters, single action and no recoil at all.

Then there is my favorite, purely sentimental reasons, it is a Winchester Model 67 that was given to me when I was 8 years old. I would get shipped off to visit the grandparents in Alabama in the summers so they bought it for me. My Aunt had a general store so I would go by there and she would give me a bologna sandwich, an RC Cola and a box of shells to keep me fed and entertained for the day.

I need to get out and do some more .22 shooting.

bob

Poena238

Peanut Butter
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
.22s are a blast. I have a .22 set up with a scope that is zeroed at 35 yds with .22 shorts. I used it for collared dove control in WA. I had a friend who always had dove around his wheat silos. I set up a blind and just let it set there. I would go down and do head shots on the dove until I had enough to make a decent meal. Like NV they were considered an invasive species so no season or limit.

Another of my favorites is a Polish Radom .22 trainer styled like a Mosin Nagant M39. Talk about overbuilt, that thing is lots of steel and wood. I like to use it for new shooters, single action and no recoil at all.

Then there is my favorite, purely sentimental reasons, it is a Winchester Model 67 that was given to me when I was 8 years old. I would get shipped off to visit the grandparents in Alabama in the summers so they bought it for me. My Aunt had a general store so I would go by there and she would give me a bologna sandwich, an RC Cola and a box of shells to keep me fed and entertained for the day.

I need to get out and do some more .22 shooting.

bob
No Moon Pie?

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
I have an older 15-22 (quad rail, no muzzle device) that has just been flawless in its operation over the years. Eats everything. The boys love it. Put in a POF FCG and that really made it shine (and made it much easier for little fingers to shoot when they were very young).

1622156935487.png

Kinoons

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
The thrifty person 22lr benchrest each month at DSRPC is a lot of fun too.