• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Long Range Matches

I’m looking for my first long range match. I’ve been reviewing the local clubs in Vegas and Trying to figure out which match would be a good starting point. Also recommendations of the equipment needed to fully participate in the event (how many rounds?, do I need bags?)

100yd-600yd and the use of an ar15 to start.

Thank you

MAC702

I don't believe in the no-win scenario
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
Desert Sportsmans range on West Charleston has the perfect match for you on the 3rd Sunday. It's the Accurized AR match. It only goes to 600 yards. I do it a few times a year and like it, but I can never remember how to find the sign up on Practiscore, which is not very user friendly, and you do need to sign up at least a few days in advance. DSRPC's website is a POS for finding out any information on the matches, but you can start there. https://dsrpc.org/events-2/

Thank you for the reference!

Based on your experience shooting the event -
How many rounds should I bring?

What type of shooting positions should I be prepared to shoot?

Edit* I found the Desert Sportsman Practiscore

Last edited:

MAC702

I don't believe in the no-win scenario
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
Thanks, Jack! I'll get back out there as soon as I can get caught up on everything else.

Boulder Rifle Pistol Club also has matches, 600 yard and 1,000 yard.
600 yard does indicate including F Class.
Info here:
https://brpclub.org/services/high-power-rifle/
I immediately thought of the tactical type shooting, but JTW is correct that for straight high-power type positional shooting, BRPC is the way to go. Every Sunday except the first is some type of match there, and on electronic paper targets, too, which is really nice. This has become my passion again lately, and I see what I can do with a Service Rifle eligible AR, which is max 4.5x scope and other restrictions.

Appreciate you all for the direction.

How or where do I find equipment restrictions for these matches? My AR has a 12x40 scope on top and my bolt gun has a 24x50 on it

This is something I really want to get into. I am just not there yet. I am regularly hitting 2MOA out to 550 Meters (well 10x17 silhouette)but learning wind is hit or miss for me (pun intended). Is there a day/time when guys go out and do some training? I would love to glean a little from someone.

I finally got my load developed and am excited to see if I can tighten up my groups with it.

-M

Chaos

Appreciate you all for the direction.

How or where do I find equipment restrictions for these matches? My AR has a 12x40 scope on top and my bolt gun has a 24x50 on it
The Practiscore page has the basics. If you are in OPEN class there are no rifle restrictions other than caliber and max speed of round.

If you bring an AR and 100-120 rounds you can borrow everything else you may need (bags, tripod, sling, etc). A bipod is very handy to have and you may be able to borrow based on mount type.

Each stage has different props/targets/equipment restrictions.

Come shoot and you will learn your gear better and have a good time.

Chaos

This is something I really want to get into. I am just not there yet. I am regularly hitting 2MOA out to 550 Meters (well 10x17 silhouette)but learning wind is hit or miss for me (pun intended). Is there a day/time when guys go out and do some training? I would love to glean a little from someone.

I finally got my load developed and am excited to see if I can tighten up my groups with it.

-M
The best way to get into matches is to just shoot a match. See post above.

There may be some more training orientated events in future, but the matches are pretty much training. You can get pointers before, during, and after each stage.

See you on the 18th!

The best way to get into matches is to just shoot a match. See post above.

There may be some more training orientated events in future, but the matches are pretty much training. You can get pointers before, during, and after each stage.

See you on the 18th!

Is that Tactical Long Range or Accursed AR? I want to do the Tactical Long Range.

Either way I will get my buddy @Golgo13 to join me :ROFLMAO: I just have to make sure I am off.
-M

Impact Guns, the original online gun store- guns, ammo, and accessories for low prices.