• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Looking for a "Home" Range...

I'm a recent transplant to Henderson from you-know-where.

I'm looking for a new range that's reasonably convenient, friendly and relaxed. About 80% of my practice time is with handguns, rest is mostly shotguns. I use one rifle, but not all that often. I like to get out weekly, and usually am just working on general marksmanship at home defense distances. I was pretty well trained (by ITTS) in LA for years.

Indoor or outdoor is fine. I tried Green Valley Range once, and it was okay, but a little cramped and dark. Technology was not great for an indoor range. I'm fine with using one place for handguns, another for shotguns if that's best.

Anyone have any ideas, or just want share your favorite place to shoot?

Thanks.

WantaG18

A noid
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
For an outdoor range:

https://progunvegas.com/

I joined while waiting on the other outdoor ranges. It is about as far from me as the place I go in the desert but much safer and clean.

I finally got in at Desert Sportsman and since I'm less than 10 minutes away I usually go there.

I still go out to the desert for before/after hours shooting.

You should try out the Clark County Shooting Complex. Yea, it is about 45 minutes away from us in Henderson but it is great for a public range. Great shotgun facilities. Great pistol range.
County owned and run. Nice facilities. I think it is worth the drive. It is just not private and not close.
Open day time and has set events in the evenings.

Progun is also very nice place to shoot. More pricy than I want.

November 1st is when Boulder Rifle Pistol starts accepting applications.
https://brpclub.org/shooting-range/

Way better , in my opinion than Pro Gun & Desert Sportsman. There is also a courtesy range available for non members.
The Public Courtesy Range is open from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, Sundays of each week. We also open the Public Courtesy Ranges on Mondays which are Federal Holidays. Please check the announcements area for a list of closures.

Nice thing is bays are nicely graded, its not like walking on the moon. Covered benches for those hot months. Members can shoot 24/7. Members also have access to the silhouette range, which has covered shooting area and permanent steel set from 220 out to I believe 1080 yards. bays are from 25 yards , up to 200 yards.

My son and I often go out and shoot pistol and rifle from 8-11pm .

I was at ProGun a couple time , it is a decent range , they have Action Pistol and Rifle there, as well as shotgun. Not a member so I cant speak to that.

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
BRPC has some different pistol 'events' that can be participated in such as, such as 'Tactical Pistol' and ICORE (if that is what you are looking for). https://brpclub.org/disciplines/

Otherwise, for non-members the rental range has several pistol bays with target frames and hanging steel targets for rent (additional charge).

Membership gets you access to additional members only pistol bays (as well as rifle bays and the silhouette range as mentioned earlier). Target frames are available for all members to use. Bring your own steel for the bays. Membership is extremely tight, with only a small number opening up each year.

I take my own steel targets , couple full size AR500 USPSA , couple 1/3 scale USPSA , AR500 with center flap and hostage flag by the head.

The back of each berm has concrete rails , so you can stand your wooden stands up in them.
Members do have access to the target frames as Janizary said , they are big enough to hold a B27 sized target.
Check his post for a look into what the range looks like:
http://www.nevadashooters.com/threads/waiting-for-the-sun.151920/

Even as a non member, you can " rent " the frames , forget what the cost is , you get 1/2 back if I recall as long as you do not destroy the target frame.

There is also a archery range with target bails / 3D animals starting at 20 yards.

Dannyjoe

Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
Ranges, mehhhhh. Head up north on highway 95 till you get to the two state prisons. Take a left at the exit and head about 4 to 5 miles then you’ll come to a turn off to the right. There’s some small hills where theres plenty of shooting to be had. Pm me for better instructions, lol.

Hmmm. I take guests at night, but I've never really considered otherwise. :unsure:
Pretty sure at any time. I know I have taken my sons out there after dark.

Rules state:
BRPC members are allowed to bring immediate family members OR 2 guests to the range. If you want to bring additional guests, please come on a day when the Public Courtesy Range is open pay for your extra guests. If you bring guests or family, you must stay with them the entire time they are on the range. You may not leave while your guests or family are still on the range.

Ranges, mehhhhh. Head up north on highway 95 till you get to the two state prisons. Take a left at the exit and head about 4 to 5 miles then you’ll come to a turn off to the right. There’s some small hills where theres plenty of shooting to be had. Pm me for better instructions, lol.
That is way far from Henderson. If I were going to shoot on public land I would go to the spot off to the left on 165 on the way in to Nelson.

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
You should really consider BPRC, I was out yesterday with a few friends on the members side and good lord it was just a gorgeous day. We had a 100 yard bay, zeroed a few rifles and then had lunch under the covered bay, moved to the steel range and rang steel the rest of the day.

I‘ve shot at every range in town, I can tell you there’s just something special about this range you don’t get at any other. With all the upgrades over the years it just gets better and better. Never any issues with range masters, everyone is friendly as can be, and I’ll add very helpful if you need them. I can say with complete honesty that in all of my years being a member I’ve never had a single bad experience nor issue with anyone…not a single one. Can’t say the same for a few others.

It‘s money we’ll spent and well worth it IF you can get in…..IMHO.

And WantaG18, yes to both questions but your limited to two guests now I think it is.

Last edited:
You should really consider BPRC, I was out yesterday with a few friends on the members side and good lord it was just a gorgeous day. We had a 100 yard bay, zeroed a few rifles and then had lunch under the covered bay, moved to the steel range and rang steel the rest of the day.
I am definitely going to try to get in when memberships open In a few weeks. Fingers crossed.