• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

MAF problem

xxiiiliv

Active member (5.56mm)
LML with a Banks air intake with dry filter A couple months ago, got a MAF code, so, Wednesday I replaced MAF sensor. Pretty sure I checked fit, etc. code came back. Any ideas what to check next ? Ive had the Banks for over a year with no problems. Filter is clean

Last edited:

Maxcarp

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Need a lot more info than that to make a proper diagnosis.Given the info here,the only thing I could say is to make sure there are no air leaks downstream from the MAF,or between the filter and the MAF

Harley

BANNED FOR LIFE+35 Because he dared me to do it!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Could be defective sensor. Seen that happen many times with new parts. Warranty it out or check it with a scanner to see if its within specs.

xxiiiliv

Active member (5.56mm)
Need a lot more info than that to make a proper diagnosis.Given the info here,the only thing I could say is to make sure there are no air leaks downstream from the MAF,or between the filter and the MAF
I think this is/was the problem. No codes so far today

Harley

Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
It can take several miles of driving for the system to detect the problem again after its been reset. It may still throw the code at some point.

Harley

Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
if ya dont have the right scanner to verify, warranty the sensor. It could be defective and ya got nothing to lose by trying that.

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I just replaced that in the wife’s Ford, then a few others because it kept throwing codes. Turns out it was a leaking intake manifold gasket. HTH.

JR3

Active member (5.56mm)
I understand a PO101 code is a common issue with aftermarket cold air intakes.
A lot of suggestions are to check for intake leaks, clean MAF, faulty MAF.

Probably a few months ago, While driving, I had a CEL light come on after installing a dry CAI on my 06 5.3 Burb.
CEL Light went off on the next drive. No drivability issues at all.

I did a code scan the other day just to check something else and I had a PO101 code. No CEL light though.
I cleared it and the truck still runs the same. I'll scan it again in a week or so to see if it is stored or gone away.

xxiiiliv

Active member (5.56mm)
It’s odd. No drivability issues at all. Good gas mileage, etc. took it in to have it checked. Everything is good. He checked for leaks and found none. Oh well

Harley

Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Whats the specific code its showing?

545x39

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Wow I got a dodge dart and it says p0304..
Bank 4 on mine I change spark plug and coil still gets code sometimes it goes off and on. But when it's on CEL car shakes in low rpm but normal on high. After I get to a store l. I go inside and when I come out turn car on, it's not shaking no more but CEL is still on. Another $1k-$1500.. job, damn..

Harley

Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Wow I got a dodge dart and it says p0304..
Bank 4 on mine I change spark plug and coil still gets code sometimes it goes off and on. But when it's on CEL car shakes in low rpm but normal on high. After I get to a store l. I go inside and when I come out turn car on, it's not shaking no more but CEL is still on. Another $1k-$1500.. job, damn..
Could be injector

Harley

Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Did you check it with a proper scanner that can give real time data? Not just a basic code reader.

Harley

Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
So that would be a “no” then.