• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Marlin 1895 sbl

Dr. Marneaus

Leave me alone.
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
I've thought about picking up a midwest rail for mine, and having it either stripped to raw aluminum, or cerakoted to a stainless color.

I can get behind the rails, but those stocks are a little much for my taste. Mine started out as a standard 1895G (straight grip, short mag tube) but I thinned/de-checkered the furniture, installed an SBL mag tube, Skinner sights, XS rail, DRC medium loop (best loop size and appearance ever made, change my mind), and an basic action slicking job.

Honestly tho, I should ditch the scout scope, put a dovetail mounted RDS base, and toss a micro reflex on there.
6A42E4E4-B265-4722-A13E-F15D8F193C33.jpeg

Dr. Marneaus

Leave me alone.
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
I also pack a little "updated" winchester in .357. This one rides along alot more often than the big .45-70.

Oddly enough, theres almost no aftermarket support for the 1894 pattern winchesters. lever1.jpg

Last edited:

LVTrenton

Living the dream
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
Y'all are just trying to get lever-actions banned now, aren't you? Admit it.
Still needs a vertical forward grip, a laser sight and a bayonet to get into ban territory. :D

Raco

Forum Supporter
2022 Supporter
I've thought about picking up a midwest rail for mine, and having it either stripped to raw aluminum, or cerakoted to a stainless color.

I can get behind the rails, but those stocks are a little much for my taste. Mine started out as a standard 1895G (straight grip, short mag tube) but I thinned/de-checkered the furniture, installed an SBL mag tube, Skinner sights, XS rail, DRC medium loop (best loop size and appearance ever made, change my mind), and an basic action slicking job.

Honestly tho, I should ditch the scout scope, put a dovetail mounted RDS base, and toss a micro reflex on there.
View attachment 165716
Im looking for a scout scope! Nice rifle BTW.

Impact Guns, the original online gun store- guns, ammo, and accessories for low prices.