• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Military SAR

flyer338

NRA Patriot Life Member Benefactor
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
I keep hoping to make a VIMSAR match at DSRPC. Until just now, I planned to use my Californicated M1A. However, on Wednesday, I expect delivery of one of my Holy Grail rifles: a 1941 Johnson (semi) automatic rifle. Let us not talk about the cost - by any measure it was too much. I think of it as a blue-chip stock I can shoot.

flyer338

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
For about ten years I have watched the price go up more quickly than my ability/willingness to pay that price.
Next in line is a Belgian FN-49 in 30-06.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
I look forward to seeing it. It's one near the top of my list, as well. I won't admit how far a nice one went up last year before I dropped out of bidding on it.

flyer338

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
@MAC702, I think we will have something to talk about when I see you in person. I think that part of being the custodian of a piece of history is sharing.

Kinoons

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
A Johnson would be super cool...

I’m seriously considering letting my collection move on to another place. They just sit in the safe - not even look cool.

It’s tough, part of me thinks what i could do with the cash tied up in my collection. Other part thinks about the history in those rifles.

Kinoons

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
You want visitation rights?
Only if that includes a swing by BJs afterwards.

(poop), I need to figure out a way to have unlimited funds, time, resources.

As much as I like having my milsurp collection, I’m 99% committed that those resources will be better used elsewhere for my family.

flyer338

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
I am pretty sure my Bob Chow .45s tell stories and the Shocky .45 joins in. The revolvers are jealous. That is why I keep the safe door closed at night.

flyer338

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
A Johnson would be super cool...

I’m seriously considering letting my collection move on to another place. They just sit in the safe - not even look cool.

It’s tough, part of me thinks what i could do with the cash tied up in my collection. Other part thinks about the history in those rifles.
I sold off about 20% of my collection to fund the purchase of an airplane just before I left CA. The collection has grown back.