• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

My little bench

Dr. Marneaus

Wheel Gun Guy
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
Cleaned up my reloading/gunsmithing area the other day and snapped a pic. It’s not common that you can actually see the surface of the bench haha.

Built this little bench a few years back, rough sawn cedar (the ‘office’ still smells like pencil shavings). This is a scaled down version of the ever present NRMA bench, without the cabinets. It’s built into what used to be a closet in our home office.

It’s literally wedged (forced) in between my safe and some pretty-existing shelves so it’s really sturdy.

It’s not much, but it gives me a place to work inside the house. It was so nice of my wife to ‘allow’ me to build a little section in ‘her’ office.
97FAD26E-DE54-48FF-AF03-288C76360B29.jpeg

Last edited:

AngryRed

Dumb Founded
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Man I dig how DIY you are, great looking setup. My bench is an old Craftsman from Sears circa 2005 but I've thought about building something proper for smith work.

Dr. Marneaus

Wheel Gun Guy
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
Man I dig how DIY you are, great looking setup. My bench is an old Craftsman from Sears circa 2005 but I've thought about building something proper for smith work.
Nothing wrong with a pre made bench that fits your needs. I couldn’t find anything pre made to fit this hole so decided to build my own :)

It was so nice of my wife to ‘allow’ me to build a little section in ‘her’ office.
Hmm so in truth how much did you beg whine cry and try blackmail to be able to reload in house.
I had my women for over 25 years before she left to the place of no more pain. And still waited almost a year before I moved mine inside

Dr. Marneaus

Wheel Gun Guy
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
Hmm so in truth how much did you beg whine cry and try blackmail to be able to reload in house.
I had my women for over 25 years before she left to the place of no more pain. And still waited almost a year before I moved mine inside
Shes pretty reasonable. I already had the gun safe in there because it was the only place that made sense for the bench. I had lived in a rental for a year, so all my crap was packed up. Then about a year after we moved into the house we bought, I finally built the bench. So, we had planned it from the get-go, it just took lower priority than a lot of other "just moved in" type projects.