• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Nevada Shooters HAM Radio Net...…..Any Interest?

NYECOGunsmith

WILL BAN FOR AAA Batteries
Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
NO NET TONIGHT! We can't use the intermountain intertie system, and technically we would have to drop the Nevada Shooters Forum name from the net no matter what repeater we used, even if it was one the forum owned, as you cannot use ham radio for anything that promotes a business in any way.

So, maybe we all just sign into the chat room if you want a question-and-answer period once a week.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
NO NET TONIGHT! We can't use the intermountain intertie system, and technically we would have to drop the Nevada Shooters Forum name from the net no matter what repeater we used, even if it was one the forum owned, as you cannot use ham radio for anything that promotes a business in any way.

So, maybe we all just sign into the chat room if you want a question-and-answer period once a week.
Just not nearly as fun or expensive as a ham net... ?

ricklaut

Quiet noob
Forum Supporter
Perhaps the Henderson Amateur Radio Club's repeaters could be used for a net if someone asks them? They cover the Vegas valley and Pahrump; one of their repeaters is out at Apex, but by their coverage map, it probably doesn't make it out to Mesquite. https://w7hen.org/repeaters/

I'm not much for nets, but if this becomes a thing, I'll give it a whirl at least once.

SundevilSG

Minute of Barn
Forum Supporter
Perhaps the Henderson Amateur Radio Club's repeaters could be used for a net if someone asks them? They cover the Vegas valley and Pahrump; one of their repeaters is out at Apex, but by their coverage map, it probably doesn't make it out to Mesquite. https://w7hen.org/repeaters/

I'm not much for nets, but if this becomes a thing, I'll give it a whirl at least once.
Those guys are awesome, I used to participate in one of their tech nets. I'm friends with one of the higher ups there, I'd be happy to ask. Why not just have a firearm net? It wouldnt need to be associated with this place.

NYECOGunsmith

Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Those guys are awesome, I used to participate in one of their tech nets. I'm friends with one of the higher ups there, I'd be happy to ask. Why not just have a firearm net? It wouldnt need to be associated with this place.
Intermountain intertie system doesn't allow nets, so using the Potosi Repeater is out.

NYECOGunsmith

Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I was referring to the Henderson radio club repeater
I know, I was commenting on why we couldn't just do that with the Potosi repeater that is linked to so many others, and is accessible from both Las Vegas and Pahrump.

Where is the Henderson repeater? Can it be worked from Pahrump? If not, no reason why those on the Vegas side can't hold a net, there are only a couple of us here on the Pahrump side who are hams and fewer still of those who are active hams.

I'm about the only really active ham/ NVS member from the Pahrump side.

I never hear any of the other hams who live here who are on the forum on our weekly VHF and UHF net here on Wednesday nights. They are either too busy, forget about the nets, have mic fright, or are stuck up and won't associate with the likes of me and other hams on those nets! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::p:p

ricklaut

Quiet noob
Forum Supporter
I know, I was commenting on why we couldn't just do that with the Potosi repeater that is linked to so many others, and is accessible from both Las Vegas and Pahrump.

Where is the Henderson repeater? Can it be worked from Pahrump? If not, no reason why those on the Vegas side can't hold a net, there are only a couple of us here on the Pahrump side who are hams and fewer still of those who are active hams.

I never hear any of the other hams who live here who are on the forum on our weekly VHF and UHF net here on Wednesday nights. They are either too busy, forget about the nets, have mic fright, or are stuck up and won't associate with the likes of me and other hams on those nets! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::p:p
Pahrump has a repeater on the HARC system; it's tied into Vegas on Allstar. https://w7hen.org/repeaters/h5/. They have several repeaters in Vegas (Apex, 7 Hills, Low Potosi) that are all linked together with the one in Pahrump.

tremors834

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber

I believe the vice president of The Henderson Amateur Radio Club (HARC) resides in Pahrump.
His name is Tony Dinkel - WB6MIE
Perhaps a fellow forum member here from Pahrump knows him well enough to ask.