• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Norma Ammo Sale.

Bob R

Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
Well, I'm disappointed. It's Norma, for crying out loud. I expected to find 6.5 Swedish and 7.5 Swiss, and other stuff I can actually use.
Hell, I was hoping to see a box or two of 308 Norm Mag. I guess I just have to spring for the dies and roll my own. :)

bob

vortex0178

Pew Pew Grand Master
Just as an FYI, be careful if you are reloading the Norma headstamp 9mm brass.

I found a few hundred cases at the range and the brass looked good so I collected it to reload. After depriming a few with my Lee universal decapping die, one got hung up on my press - I figured no big deal, a primer was just not pushed far enough to clear the case and got stuck. Nope! The decapping pin pulled out of the stem of the die and got stuck in the primer flash hole, locking up the shellplate.

I examined the brass more closely and about 50% has a very tiny flash hole - probably ~1mm instead of ~2mm with most brass. Luckily it was just a matter of punching out the decapping pin and replacing it in the stem (it's just press fit) and I was up and running again. I decided to check the rest of the Norma brass while depriming to cull out the small flash hole brass for the scrap pile. In the future I think I'll just relegate it all to be scrapped.

Here is a picture. Top three are small flash hole brass, the second from the bottom is a smallish hole that I widened with the pin, and the bottom is a regular sized flash hole Norma headstamp.

20220104_193837.jpg

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
I would be contacting Norma. This is NOT acceptable for ammo with the same lot number, even if they pull the "we don't make brass for reloading" card.

Dr. Marneaus

Wheel Gun Guy
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
Presently they have a sale on tactical rifle ammo.

223 for .45
556 for .46
308 for .70

^these prices are after the coupon code.

Use code ‘tactical’ at checkout for 10% off the already sale prices.

RFSALES

uber Member
The online retail ammo sellers I frequent that sell Norma ammo do not have any in stock but I can order direct. Federal is doing the same with 38 special 148 grain match wadcutters, $1.00 per round.
Will this be the new norm manufacturers will sell direst where they can to maximize profits with direct sales ?

Last edited:

Dr. Marneaus

Wheel Gun Guy
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
The online retail ammo sellers I frequent taht sell Norma ammo do not have any in stock but I can order direct. Federal is doing the same with 38 special 148 grain match wadcutters, $1.00 per round.
Will this be the new norm manufacturers will sell direst where they can to maximize profits with direct sales ?
I dunno. But I’m okay with that.