• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

OBSCENE PRIMER PRICES!!

Short cliff notes version :
“ hey, just an FYI, I just want you to know that a store that does have it in stock is massively overcharging for it, while I can’t tell you WHO it is, I suggest you not go to the place I won’t name . Just trying to do my part to not really help others, but make it seem like I am”

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::p
The INTENT of my message was KEEP YOUR EYES AND OPEN and DO NOT be taken! There are those out there that will take advantage of the unaware. What, I am supposed to hold your hand? Just keep you eyes open and your brain IN YOUR HEAD----I NEVER promised to be your nanny.

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Sometimes it does, but usually it is due to common sense and HARD WORK----often hard work for DECADES! Then again, it is sometimes due to being an un-apprehended CROOK, huh?
..almost never and I like to avoid generalization based on slight exception. It's good practice, maybe?

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
ALMOST NEVER is SOMETIMES in pretty much anyone's book. If it ALMOST NEVER occurs, that means it SOMETIMES DOES, get it?
no...not really, because I my mindset won't allow the idea that most/some/a relevant percentage of people with money got it by being "lucky", your original implication. Maybe I just read that into your comment, but your doubling and tripling down might negate the probability of that.
It's ok, your opinion of other folk's wealth has become more irrelevant to me with your every post. So....

no...not really, because I my mindset won't allow the idea that most/some/a relevant percentage of people with money got it by being "lucky", your original implication. Maybe I just read that into your comment, but your doubling and tripling down might negate the probability of that.
It's ok, your opinion of other folk's wealth has become more irrelevant to me with your every post. So....
Trains almost never run off the rails, but sometimes they do. "SOMETIMES" Take that however you want to as you seem to want to read into and interpret anything I post the way you want to see it, no matter my intent. What is relevant or irrelevant to you is no concern of mine, so have a great time!

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Trains almost never run off the rails, but sometimes they do. "SOMETIMES" Take that however you want to as you seem to want to read into and interpret anything I post the way you want to see it, no matter my intent. What is relevant or irrelevant to you is no concern of mine, so have a great time!
Except that you replied to my comment, that wasn't for you. 🤠

JTW_Jr

WheelGunner
The INTENT of my message was KEEP YOUR EYES AND OPEN and DO NOT be taken! There are those out there that will take advantage of the unaware. What, I am supposed to hold your hand? Just keep you eyes open and your brain IN YOUR HEAD----I NEVER promised to be your nanny.
Yeah, well , usually it is commonly to look out for your fellow community members, but hey feel free to drama it some more. 😂🤣🤫
An example is the private transfer thread, people let others know what stores charge a more than average amount so that people don’t waste their time meeting there for a private transfer. That is people helping others in a community.

Mr. B

Curmudgeon In Training
Personally, I planned ahead and (a lot of people would claim, got lucky)
So people could get all upset at you because you're a "hoarder" then? ;)

I have what are MY PRINCIPLES (right or wrong) and sometimes one does have to suffer for their principles rather than looking the other way.
Again, I'm guessing that your "PRINCIPLES" wouldn't compel you to sell your house, stocks, guns, etc. at below market value, just to keep from making a profit on it. :unsure:

Last edited:

Mr. B

Curmudgeon In Training
Short cliff notes version :
“ hey, just an FYI, I just want you to know that a store that does have it in stock is massively overcharging for it, while I can’t tell you WHO it is, I suggest you not go to the place I won’t name . Just trying to do my part to not really help others, but make it seem like I am”

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::p
A helpful post would be something like:

I was in such and such a place the other day, and saw that they had primers - the price seemed ridiculously high to me at $33 per 100. They told me that they actually have people who are willing to pay that much for them right now, if you can believe it. So if any of you are truly desperate for primers, and are willing to pay that ungodly amount, I left them there for you.

That would allow you to vent, but also help anyone who needs a hundred primers more than they need $33 plus tax.

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
A helpful post would be something like:

I was in such and such a place the other day, and saw that they had primers - the price seemed ridiculously high to me at $33 per 100. They told me that they actually have people who are willing to pay that much for them right now, if you can believe it. So if any of you are truly desperate for primers, and are willing to pay that ungodly amount, I left them there for you.
Meh...lacking capitol letters and exclamation points. Frenetic EMPHASIS, man!

Bumper

Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
. . . snip . . ., not to mention that most of us just don't have stupid money to spend, like some of the lucky amongst us do.
Trust me on this one. For the vast majority of those of us "that do" amongst us, it had little to do with luck and much more to do with working hard and smart. In my case when other officers said, "Hey Bumper, lets go knock down a few." I told 'em sorry, I've gotta get to my other job (that was mostly growing my startup company). Okay, there was probably a little luck involved too, along with a work ethic that wouldn't quit and an innate fear of ever being poor again, as in my childhood.

Trust me on this one. For the vast majority of those of us "that do" amongst us, it had little to do with luck and much more to do with working hard and smart. In my case when other officers said, "Hey Bumper, lets go knock down a few." I told 'em sorry, I've gotta get to my other job (that was mostly growing my startup company). Okay, there was probably a little luck involved too, along with a work ethic that wouldn't quit and an innate fear of ever being poor again, as in my childhood.
If U read any book on success. The one and only variable in common to winners/successful people is not working harder, nor is is working much harder. It is working much, much harder. Successful people spend 20 minutes to solve a problem, that many people give up on after 1 minute. There is no such thing as a free lunch. TINSTAAFL.

Yeah, I TOTALLY get that...had two careers, one of which was just OK and I spent my 1965 to 1991 years as basically a low paid slave with essentially no rights...but it was---ummm--"adventerous", saw some nice parts of the world and some not-so-nice parts and it DID did give me grocery money and some to spare in retirement. The other was 401K only, but did leave me with enough to stay alive in a reasonable manner, but definitely NOT rich!

Now that i think of it, if I'd have had my choice way back then of (1) being LUCKY rich forever and (2) having to work my ass off to have a reasonable life for my family and then at least until that bus hits me-----if I had any brains, I'd take lucky, but if I wanted to stand on my own two feet and have a little "adventure", probably would do it the way I did it all over again. And yeah, you are right----a little luck never hurts---but HARD WORK and common sense are likely to produce decent results in the long run.

You are correct----Not a fair and reasonable profit, no. But NEVER an OBSCENE ONE where i would wind up feeling like a total *sshole for the rest of my life. There is a difference between being STUPID/GREEDY and being reasonable.

BTW Mr B.----how many "hoarders" do you know that shoot several thousand rounds a year, compete in numerous shooting matches and understand the need to keep a reasonable supply on hand so they don't just "run out" in a week or two if the sh*t hits the fan like it has lately? It is called using your head and PLANNING AHEAD....NOT HOARDING!