• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

OBSCENE PRIMER PRICES!!

AngryRed

Dumb Founded
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
I think what we all haven't acknowledged is the emotional element of this ammo shortage. While you can argue for or against capitalism, label it exploitation or timing supply and demand, one aspect remains. The shortage has greatly impacted this community that simply enjoys shooting as a recreational activity, a hobby, a time we spend with family, and of course important self defense training.

The emotional element has a tendency to manifest itself in people getting angry, frustrated, and feeling helpless. It's unfortunate for any avid shooter to be where we are now, but the best thing we can do is stick together and help one another when possible.

My 2 cents!
-Cheers

Sure, I''l tell you if you can come to me and impress me FTF that you aren't some shyster. Maybe you didn't understand my original post: NO! I am not going to put their name on this very public forum. If you don't understand why not, call your brother in law the lawyer and ask him why.

Dr. Marneaus

Wheel Gun Guy
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
Sure, I''l tell you if you can come to me and impress me FTF that you aren't some shyster. Maybe you didn't understand my original post: NO! I am not going to put their name on this very public forum. If you don't understand why not, call your brother in law the lawyer and ask him why.
What if I ask REEEAAALLLLYYYYY nicely? Like ‘pretty please with sugar on top’ nicely?

Honestly, I don’t mind being raped a little every now and then.

I think what we all haven't acknowledged is the emotional element of this ammo shortage. While you can argue for or against capitalism, label it exploitation or timing supply and demand, one aspect remains. The shortage has greatly impacted this community that simply enjoys shooting as a recreational activity, a hobby, a time we spend with family, and of course important self defense training.

The emotional element has a tendency to manifest itself in people getting angry, frustrated, and feeling helpless. It's unfortunate for any avid shooter to be where we are now, but the best thing we can do is stick together and help one another when possible.

My 2 cents!
-Cheers
You are VERY right! The kind of things that REALLY tick me off are like one event that happened last time we went through something like the current "shortage"---I happened to walk past the gun counter in a WALMART near my house and saw a woman wrapping up a purchase of 2 bricks of 22 ammo, but when I asked the clerk about buying some, he told me that the woman had purchased the last two bricks. Out of curiosity, I asked her what kind of a 22 she shot. Her reply?---"Oh, I don't own ANY guns. I just bought this because I could and then maybe "flip" them."

WOW! Talk about being part of the PROBLEM!! And did that TICK ME OFF??? You're d*mned right it did!

JTW_Jr

WheelGunner
You are VERY right! The kind of things that REALLY tick me off are like one event that happened last time we went through something like the current "shortage"---I happened to walk past the gun counter in a WALMART near my house and saw woman wrapping up a purchase of 2 bricks of 22 ammo, but when I asked the clerk about buying some, he told me that the woman had purchased the last two bricks. Out of curiosity, I asked her what kind of a 22 she shot. Her reply?---"Oh, I don't own ANY guns. I just bought this because I could and then maybe "flip" them."

WOW! Talk about being part of the PROBLEM!! And did that TICK ME OFF??? You're d*mned right it did!
No different than the guys on this forum that post images for sale of ammo in their cart at checkout at bass pro for a huge markup. At least Most of them are now waiting until it’s in their car to post marked up for sale posts.

AngryRed

Dumb Founded
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
No different than the guys on this forum that post images for sale of ammo in their cart at checkout at bass pro for a huge markup. At least Most of them are now waiting until it’s in their car to post marked up for sale posts.
Hell yeah, but lots of the flipped +$700 cases of .223 don't seem to be selling like hotcakes anymore which is a good thing. I don't wish malice on fellow shooters, but if a few get stuck holding cases of ammo they thought they were gonna flip for a quick $300 bucks it will (A) quell the hoard buying, and (B) start to normalize the stock at the retailers.

Mr. B

Curmudgeon In Training
BTW Mr B.----how many "hoarders" do you know that
... proceeds to give reasons for having a lot of stuff on hand.

Hey, you accused a shop of "putting the pork to their customers when they have the chance!", of "price gouging", and of attempting to "rape" you, so I just pointed out that people could just as easily accuse you of "hoarding". They could have reasons just as good as yours.

... proceeds to give reasons for having a lot of stuff on hand.

Hey, you accused a shop of "putting the pork to their customers when they have the chance!", of "price gouging", and of attempting to "rape" you, so I just pointed out that people could just as easily accuse you of "hoarding". They could have reasons just as good as yours.
"COULD"

And you COULD be a hoarder or a wanna-be "flipper" who is just angry that the shop wouldn't sell the primers to you at a low enough price for you to double it when re-selling.
Could, but not. You just prove my belief that there are a bunch of KEYBOARD KOMMANDOS on here that have NO CLUE about reality and are happy to run their mouths, anyway! Have fun denigrating people on things about which you have NO IDEA.

JTW_Jr

WheelGunner
Well at least he called you out directly and didn't make a vague post leaving all to guess what store you are referring to.

Not sure why you made a comment about " a lawyer" , if I come on here and say " Hey , just an FYI , if you want to do a private transfer in Henderson , Spurlocks charges $50 for the transfer and $25 for the BG Check , you can go to NV Firearms and Training and the process is only $25 "
There is NOTHING there that is not FACT. That is what they quoted me as their charges.
Nothing 'libel' , just fact and giving folks a heads up.

I get why they charge more, perhaps they don't want to be bothered with the hassle. Especially with the pain of getting thru for background check calls.

I still buy things from Spurlocks , as I do with other shops.