• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Official SIG Thread

MrTuna

Former Moderator
Time to put new sights on my 229. I'm thinking Trijicon night sights. How carries them locally, that would be in stock and include install in the price?

I just checked at NFA. Trijicon HD sights for SIG P229 for 9mm/357 SIG. They have good cheap install.

Sent from my bunker in the desert using Tapatalk

4x4Brit

Worktruck Driver
I guess if I dish it out I have to take it. Good reminder to center that rear sight on the 239.

Yeah, I need to see how that things works. Straights sights are useful on a carry gun especially.

Now I know everyone likes Trijicon sights, what's the consensus on Meprolight?

Yeah, I need to see how that things works. Straights sights are useful on a carry gun especially.

Now I know everyone likes Trijicon sights, what's the consensus on Meprolight?
Do a search on here some say they're okay, some say they're junk. You can get the standard sig night nights pretty cheap. As you know I'm a fan of the Trijicon HD. Probably what I'll go with eventually on the G43.

MrTuna

Former Moderator
Do a search on here some say they're okay, some say they're junk. You can get the standard sig night nights pretty cheap. As you know I'm a fan of the Trijicon HD. Probably what I'll go with eventually on the G43.

I used to think Meprolight made Sig factory NS. I would definitely go with the Sig NS over Meprolight. Last set I bought was for a Walther PPQ 9mm and they were way off. That sets model number is supposed to zero on any Walther P99 including compact and every PPQ in 9mm, 40, and 45. That's impossible!

an63l323

Has an addiction to H&K
Was able to track down another Sig special Edition:)(elite slide,MK25 frame,threaded barrel)(First handgun i ever bought 18years old)I LOVE THESE pistols all my shots always touching each other.Cant wait tommorow to go to shotshow and check what sig has to offer

MrTuna

Former Moderator
Yep! I need to run some more rounds through it before giving it a review. I will cover the good, bad, and ugly.

Was able to track down another Sig special Edition:)(elite slide,MK25 frame,threaded barrel)(First handgun i ever bought 18years old)I LOVE THESE pistols all my shots always touching each other.Cant wait tommorow to go to shotshow and check what sig has to offer
Nice find. I had been looking for the P226 Legacy, which is similar.

Danrunner

2AF, Frontsight, NV Firearms Coalition, NRA
The mk 25 pic reminded me the seals are now moving away from the 226 and towards a g19 gen3...according to multiple reports.

Anyone know anything more?

MrTuna

Former Moderator
The mk 25 pic reminded me the seals are now moving away from the 226 and towards a g19 gen3...according to multiple reports.

Anyone know anything more?

It's a transition. The Glock 19 is already in use on other SOCOM teams. The Seals are the last adopters probably waiting to see how they performed. I know that the military M11 being a folded slide Sig no longer in production that they are getting worn out. Different teams will probably transition as they see fit.

Vegas_boy

Born and Raised In Vegas
Maybe someone with more experience shooting sigs can chime in, but both my 9mm p226 and my girlfriends p238 slides will release upon inserting a new full mag in. The mags are not being slammed in incredibly hard or anything,just normal mag changes and slide will release forward without the slide releases being manipulated. Is that normal for sigs?

Maybe someone with more experience shooting sigs can chime in, but both my 9mm p226 and my girlfriends p238 slides will release upon inserting a new full mag in. The mags are not being slammed in incredibly hard or anything,just normal mag changes and slide will release forward without the slide releases being manipulated. Is that normal for sigs?
Not on mine.

Vegas_boy

Born and Raised In Vegas
At first I thought maybe it was just my 226 but after recently purchasing a 238 for my girlfriend it does the same thing. I called sig and one of the reps told me that was normal,I've never had other guns do that so I don't know how "normal" that can be.

Sig offered to look at it but I figured Ill purchase a new slide release and do it on my own time to see if that corrects it

is it possible that your thumb is riding the slide release while loading a mag?