• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Official SIG Thread

MrTuna

Former Moderator
Would still love to pick up a 220 at some point. Perhaps an Elite Dark.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

I want one too. I want a couple SAO Sigs. The mark up on the Legions is pretty stiff but the SAO is nice. P220 SAO Legion is being released this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

4x4Brit

Worktruck Driver
Only SAO Sig I have shot was a 1911. Not really a fan of 1911 ergos but my 245 shoots nice so I'm thinking the larger frame 220 will work nicely. Maybe threaded barrel for a can later and +2 mag extensions.

edit:

Inspiration

MrTuna

Former Moderator
I shot the P227 with a can and it was fun. I like the slimmer P220 more though. Sounds like a good plan!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Bonez

My Dr. has been trying to convince me to buy a Sig 229 .40 for quite some time now, but before I take his word at how awesome it is and get serious about picking one up, I'd like to put a few rounds down range in one to get a feel for it.

I've been keeping an eye out around the LGS' that have ranges & rentals but no one seems to have the 229 in the .40 flavor. Is there anyone here that has seen one for rent around LV or is willing to let me try theirs? (If it's a private party willing to let me try theirs out, they are welcome to try a few mags/cylinders on any of my firearms in return.)

Kinoons

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
My Dr. has been trying to convince me to buy a Sig 229 .40 for quite some time now, but before I take his word at how awesome it is and get serious about picking one up, I'd like to put a few rounds down range in one to get a feel for it.

I've been keeping an eye out around the LGS' that have ranges & rentals but no one seems to have the 229 in the .40 flavor. Is there anyone here that has seen one for rent around LV or is willing to let me try theirs? (If it's a private party willing to let me try theirs out, they are welcome to try a few mags/cylinders on any of my firearms in return.)
If you keep an eye out there are usually a good number of police turn in .40 cal pistols out there. I bet there are some P226 and P229 on the secondary market.

I have a 229 but in .357 Sig. It's a bit snappier than the .40

Bonez

I sure appreciate the offer Warboar! I completely forgot to come back and update this thread but another member was able to meet up out in the desert with me and I got to give his .40 229 a "test drive". I really liked it a LOT but unfortunately it's too tall for me to conceal easily with my body / dress - gonna have to keep hunting I guess.

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
I've got a few Sigs:

P225 (one of three sequentially-serialized that was purchased as a group for me an two good friends, circa 1990)
P226R (SiCo barrel suppressor host mostly nowadays)
P238

Looking at a P365. I carry a Shield for CCW quite a bit and the extra rounds are a plus. And, its a Sig :)

Sig Sauer 516 Piston 5.56mm/.223” cal., 16” Carbine Purchased 5-1-13
Manufactured April 2013 Upgrades include Magpul CTR locking stock, Magpul (MOE+) rubberized pistol grip, Magpul Angled Foregrip, Surefire Rail Covers, Yankee Hill Flash Hider Phantom 5C2 and Magpul PMAG Gen. 2 Window magazines.
Chrome-lined, phosphated, military grade barrel and adjustable, four-position gas regulator. Free-floating quad rail fore end and barrel.
FEATURES
• Advanced pushrod gas piston operating system
• M1913 Picatinny flat top upper
• 7075-T6 Aircraft grade aluminum upper & lower receiver with hard coat anodize finish
• Flip-up adjustable, iron sights
Short stroke pushrod, Rotating Bolt
Overall Length: 35.7 in
Trigger Type: MIL-SPEC
Trigger Weight: 7.6 lbs
Rifling: 1 in 7”
Number of Grooves: 6
Weight w/out Mag: 7.3 lbs
Sig with EOTech XPS-2.JPG

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
I sold my Sig556 "Classic SWAT"17" a bit back.

Sometimes I wonder what I was thinking. It was a fine rifle. Really love the factory 2-stage trigger on it.

Well, at least it went to another forum member who will enjoy it.

Sig556Swat_combo_Sml.jpg