• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Palmetto Dagger is finally available!!!

TAGS

Firearms enthusiasts
I’m a firm believer that if you are innovating and actually have something, it’s worth a premium.

‘Here’s this thing that combines all these things and is way more (fack)ing cheap that they things we combined’ is not innovation nor does it pique my interest.
Forgive me if my meaning of innovation is different than the original poster. But to me innovation means something new and setting a new higher standard and quality, not copying every gun manufacture and selling as a “original design”.

Dr. Marneaus

Wheel Gun Guy
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
Forgive me if my meaning of innovation is different than the original poster. But to me innovation means something new and setting a new higher standard and quality, not copying every gun manufacture and selling as a “original design”.
Yeah this is what I’m agreeing with. A weird ass amalgamation of existing (poop) isn’t really innovation.

Coup d'etat

Permanently banned from most websites
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
You ‘he’s got a little dick’ guys are an odd bunch, people are allowed to like things that are big and or showy (ahem….anybody that owns a corevette) regardless of their dick size.

Also why you care about a dudes dick? Sounds kinda gay to me. Maybe you ARE gay and that’s fine, but I don’t think people who are comfortable with their sexuality, regardless of what it is, care anything about somebody else’s gear. Quit being weird.

Sincerely,
A guy with an average dick, but still has a hot wife and good life and likes big trucks.
LOL relax. It's just guy talk. You want to hear something filthy, listen in on some of the conversations that women have when they get together with their friends and start sucking down mimosas and red wine. Triple X-rated stuff.

LASCHRIS

Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
You ‘he’s got a little dick’ guys are an odd bunch, people are allowed to like things that are big and or showy (ahem….anybody that owns a corevette) regardless of their dick size.

Also why you care about a dudes dick? Sounds kinda gay to me. Maybe you ARE gay and that’s fine, but I don’t think people who are comfortable with their sexuality, regardless of what it is, care anything about somebody else’s gear. Quit being weird.

Sincerely,
A guy with an average dick, but still has a hot wife and good life and likes big trucks.
I disagree. Dr Marneaus, lets meet up. I will bring a ruler.
https://thoughtcatalog.com/anonymous/2014/05/8-signs-a-guy-suffers-from-sps-small-penis-syndrome/

Kinoons

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
I believe Ruger has made an entire company with this premise

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
Well, Ruger "made the company" with truly innovative (and affordable) products like the 10/22, 44 Mag Carbine, Standard 22 pistol, a single-action that can pack some power, and the Mini-14, and also bringing state-of-the-art affordable investment casting methods to the firearms industry, but the point is valid about Ruger in modern times.

Last edited:

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
Same with Springfield Armory Inc, just about everything is a rehash of someone else’s work. Sa-35 anyone?
To their credit, they are often the only source of keeping alive some of the old favorite workhorses. They single-handedly kept the M14 rifle market alive for decades. Without them, there would not have even been a market for the premium builders that came around later.

And where else will you find a new Browning Hi-Power now?

My FAL, too, is a Springfield Armory build, on an Imbel receiver.

I wouldn't say most of their work is a rehash, but more of "let's make that old design because people still love it and the market is there."

Last edited:

pooty

Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
this looks like a killer deal - its priced in the same range, almost half the price of a Glock, as the other budget double stacks from Ruger, Sigma, and Turkey but is it uses the most common and cheapest magazine & appears that it will fit most of the same holsters, cheap and easy to install replacement parts, many of which are open source designs at this point

improvements over current guns:
undercut, humpback grip, mag extraction cutouts, beavertail,
triggerguard ergonomically shaped for the support index n middle fingers
$70 frames that you can cut and stipple
back of the slide beveled to print less

we need more good quality, affordable made in the US guns.
because in the future, most of are going to be dirt poor

Last edited:

Dr. Marneaus

Wheel Gun Guy
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
To their credit, they are often the only source of keeping alive some of the old favorite workhorses. They single-handedly kept the M14 rifle market alive for decades. Without them, there would not have even been a market for the premium builders that came around later.

And where else will you find a new Browning Hi-Power now?

My FAL, too, is a Springfield Armory build, on an Imbel receiver.

I wouldn't say most of their work is a rehash, but more of "let's make that old design because people still love it and the market is there."
I have no beef with Springfield but the Saint was the biggest load of bull(crap) marketing gimmick ever. Advertised for months this ‘project’ they were working on. Ooo super secret so mysterious, finally the big reveal.

It’s an Ar-15 with slightly different furniture. TADA!

Hey you know that real cool Sig 365 thing? Check out our totally different Hellcat!

Hey, glocks suck, so we are gonna introduce a way suckier plastic gun, check out the XD! This is like a Glock but with an added GRIP ZONE!

They have a solid history of that crap. Again, I got no beef, but they have several examples of making a huge deal out of being late to the party snd just copying somebody’s homework.

MrGoat

Very Active Member
Having had some trigger time on the PSA Dagger I have to say I'm impressed with what you get for the price. Anyone who knows me well, knows I tend to be a bit of a snob when it comes to these things.

My overall impression is that its a pretty standard striker gun at a great price point. Trigger is good, not great but solid. Long take up, but crisp short reset. It feels solid in the hand and under recoil its excellent. A little blip and the sights come right back to where they should be. The fact that it takes glock mags is nice too.