• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Pistol Brace legality

Here is an interesting one. I was at sportsman's warehouse today to run a background check for a shotgun I bought from them online. While I was there I noticed that all the AR pistols they have didn't have a pistol brace. I then remembered that I was following a S&W 15-22 pistol on their site and then it suddenly disappeared a few weeks ago. So I asked the salesman about the pistol braces in general and the 15-22 pistol. He said "pistol braces are illegal now so we had to remove them from all the firearms we have and send them back". He was so confident that he had me doubting myself so I asked " are you sure, how about the ones that are already out there?". He said "they are illegal, make sure you look into it before you buy one"

Unless I'm missing something I know that that is not the case and they are legal but figured to share and see if anyone has any input on why sportsman's decided to not carry firearms with pistol braces anymore. The odd thing is they still have standalone braces on their site.

Other than that the staff there was very friendly and helpful as usual.

Dr. Marneaus

Wheel Gun Guy
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
Here is an interesting one. I was at sportsman's warehouse today to run a background check for a shotgun I bought from them online. While I was there I noticed that all the AR pistols they have didn't have a pistol brace. I then remembered that I was following a S&W 15-22 pistol on their site and then it suddenly disappeared a few weeks ago. So I asked the salesman about the pistol braces in general and the 15-22 pistol. He said "pistol braces are illegal now so we had to remove them from all the firearms we have and send them back". He was so confident that he had me doubting myself so I asked " are you sure, how about the ones that are already out there?". He said "they are illegal, make sure you look into it before you buy one"

Unless I'm missing something I know that that is not the case and they are legal but figured to share and see if anyone has any input on why sportsman's decided to not carry firearms with pistol braces anymore. The odd thing is they still have standalone braces on their site.

Other than that the staff there was very friendly and helpful as usual.
BATFE had their ‘comment period’ about their new ‘Interpretation’ of the laws, and last I heard we’ll be waiting until June or July to hear their official statement.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
Where are their corporate offices? Or maybe if stores in one state are affected, they decided it simpler to keep a common inventory, but left employees with misleading information.

Last edited:

Dusty

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Coming soon to a thread near your! (Anti 2nd amendment Sportsman’s Warehouse fooled people on the right to get your money! They double crossed us all) 🤣😂🤣 Sarcasm is being laid on thick.
To the OP glad you just didn’t take what this guy said to be truth.