• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Powder Prices

Bumper

Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
Seems like only a few years back I could reload 40 S&W for 12.5 cents a round. Now that's about what the primer costs . . . if you can find 'em.

I'm stacking all my guns in a corner of my gunroom and putting all the reloading components in the safe. :)

repoman

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Think I may go look in my powder bins, I may have an 8 pounder of Varget, and at those prices, it will definitely go up for sale. The world has definitely lost its collective mind.

LongRange

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
so far the highest prices ive seen are $1120 for 8lbs of H1000 and $2000 for 2 cases(10,000)CCI450s....the primers were posted and sold in 3 minutes.

TexasJackKin

Breathng Free, at last
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
I'd have to look, but I'm sure I've got at least 1,000 Winchester 209 Shot shell primers.... Maybe I'm not as poor as I thought I was..... I am starting to get thin on small pistol primers though.....

Dusty

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
It’s crazy. Even crazier is the supply is still the same as it’s always been, but the panic buys has the demand threw the roof.

the prices bring a grin to my face on how funny/sad it is getting out there. A blessing that I am well stocked up on all reloading stuff powder/primers/bullets.

Bumper

Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
I'm well stocked too. Haven't needed to buy anything really during this shortage, price run up. The toilet paper trade thing was meant as tongue in cheek, facetious humor (in case anyone thought otherwise!) :)

Bumper

Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
I suggest posting that as a "lot" on the Trading Post. Ask $500K. You'll be establishing an all time record of some sort, and who knows, in this market you just might get it!*

*If you do, commission for my advise is just 1% of sales price or 1000 small pistol primers.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
I suggest posting that as a "lot" on the Trading Post. Ask $500K. You'll be establishing an all time record of some sort, and who knows, in this market you just might get it!*

*If you do, commission for my advise is just 1% of sales price or 1000 small pistol primers.
There is now a commission of 50% for any powder or primers sold on this forum... :ROFLMAO: