• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Show off those Wheelguns

The world's only revolver that can be suppressed or at least the first.
bob
Regardless of the sliding cylinder gizmo, that's not the only route to making a revolver less loud.

The 5.7x28 revolver seen earlier in this thread is very very loud without the can. With it it's fine to run without hearing protection.

Yes there's a cylinder gap - but on that gun the gap is a very tight 0.002" and I assure you that's not enough gap to render the suppressor ineffective. I often see revolver cylinder gaps at near or over 0.010"
I'd assume a can would be less effective with a big cylinder gap.

There's a lot of fantasy about what a suppressor will and won't do.
I often invite naysayers to a challenge, to stand without hearing protection at the gun while it's fired (easy there) and then without hearing protection.

No one has taken me up on this offer yet.

The "can't suppress a wheelgun" comment is common around dudes who have never shot a suppressed wheelgun.

I know I'm "jumping the gun" on this one, SORRY! I was looking for a nice little ".22 kit gun" S&W .22's are retardedly more expensive than .357's, and even Charter/ Taurus are $450+ for a .22!! I sat and thought a bit..I remembered my first revolver I shot was my aunt's snubbie 9 shot High Standard Sentinel, which I popped cans for MANY hours with, then years later bought a 4" Sentinel that was also wickedly accurate (gave to my first born 23yo now, he loves it to this day & 1000's of rounds later between us both)..Long story short, won this little gem on GB for $280 yesterday but don't have it in my grubby little paws yet... :(

Sentinel.jpg

Last edited:

Grumpyoldretiredcop

Grumpiness incarnate!
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Nice find! I have one of those in my safe - it's the version sold by Sears, Roebuck & Co. as the "J.C. Higgins Model 88". It's as good a shooter as the one that was one of my first revolvers.

I know I'm "jumping the gun" on this one, SORRY! I was looking for a nice little ".22 kit gun" S&W .22's are retardedly more expensive than .357's, and even Charter/ Taurus are $450+!! I sat and thought a bit..I remembered my first revolver I shot was my aunt's snubbie 9 shot High Standard Sentinel, which I popped cans for MANY hours with, then years later bought a 4" Sentinel that was also wickedly accurate (gave to my first born 23yo now, he loves it to this day & 1000's of rounds later between us both)..Long story short, won this little gem on GB for $280 yesterday but don't have it in my grubby little paws yet... :(

View attachment 97092
Wow you scored! I've seen clean 2" barreled Sentinel's go for closer to $500.

Excellent shooters, my Dad had one 4" barrel when I was growing up we used to take plinking, he gave it to me and I foolishly sold it 30 years ago. Bought another one with a 6" barrel but sold it a few years back.

In the 2" model, actually not a bad carry piece with 9 rounds on tap. (but thinking prob the design would make it wise to leave the chamber under the hammer empty?)

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
...In the 2" model, actually not a bad carry piece with 9 rounds on tap. (but thinking prob the design would make it wise to leave the chamber under the hammer empty?)
They don't use a transfer bar, but they do block the hammer from going forward unless the trigger is to the rear.

Wow you scored! I've seen clean 2" barreled Sentinel's go for closer to $500.

Excellent shooters, my Dad had one 4" barrel when I was growing up we used to take plinking, he gave it to me and I foolishly sold it 30 years ago. Bought another one with a 6" barrel but sold it a few years back.

In the 2" model, actually not a bad carry piece with 9 rounds on tap. (but thinking prob the design would make it wise to leave the chamber under the hammer empty?)
Wow, that's a good looking piece.

Last edited:

Luxom

Obsessed Member
It was hot today. Couldnt set the guns or ammo in the sun even for a second or they turn into friggen frying pans!

Got my sister hooked on fullsize wheelguns though, and she even shot the 12ga twice. She wants a 686+ now too. Its her favorite gun. She was getting consistent hits on accumold ground targets (five-ish inch tall tumblers) out to about 20yards or so with the double action.
Ill have to keep an eye out for a nice deluxe or pc model when i get some extra cash and pass this one onto her for cheap.

0627211513.jpg

0627211509.jpg

Last edited: