• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Show off those Wheelguns

Coup d'etat

Permanently banned from most websites
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Smith & Wesson Model 36-1 Chief's Special factory nickel. Made 1976. 38 Special five shot. Matching original grips. About 99% condition. No wear on the muzzle.
Found at a local pawn shop for $400. It had a sticky hammer and lock work.
Took it apart and the lock work was bone dry with some rust spots on some of the internal parts.
Fully disassemble and cleaned, greased and lubed where needed and now it's like a Swiss watch.

I don't know why but I have this thing for nickel plated guns. General Patton perhaps?

IMG20220725003013.jpg IMG20220725002929.jpg

Dr. Marneaus

Leave me alone.
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
Smith & Wesson Model 36-1 Chief's Special factory nickel. Made 1976. 38 Special five shot. Matching original grips. About 99% condition. No wear on the muzzle.
Found at a local pawn shop for $400. It had a sticky hammer and lock work.
Took it apart and the lock work was bone dry with some rust spots on some of the internal parts.
Fully disassemble and cleaned, greased and lubed where needed and now it's like a Swiss watch.

I don't know why but I have this thing for nickel plated guns. General Patton perhaps?

View attachment 142562 View attachment 142563

A nickel S&W has been high on my want list for years. One day I will find the right one.

Grumpyoldretiredcop

Grumpiness incarnate!
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
Sorry I am late to the party. How does a nickel S&W Model 57-1 with a six inch barrel sound? It is a 41 mag. It is looking for a new home. ;)

bob
It's a good thing you're at the other end of the state or I'd fail in my commitment not to buy any more guns for a third time this month...

Impact Guns, the original online gun store- guns, ammo, and accessories for low prices.