• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Show off those Wheelguns

tdyoung58

Grumpy Old Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
FFS how do you win on those damm things! I rarely play, but if I put $20 in it gets gobbled up in less than two minutes!!..

Nice revolver!!
I'm a loser so I don't play .... She does, she rarely loses, seems to always at least break even.
When she wins she buys me guns .... So I'm not complaining

Beretta A300 Outlander
Beretta 686 Onyx 20g
Ruger American 45
Sig Sauer P229 9 milli-metric
Remington 870
Uberti Outlaw 357m
now a
Ruger New Model Blackhawk 45lc

This is a Colt Officers model 38 special shipped in 1927. This gun has the action modified to a short hammer throw so it will not ignite primers in double action but will ignite primers single action. This was a modification for shooters in USRA competition. The sights and the grips are Walter Ropers.
The hammer has been modified to what was termed COCKEYED and it looks like for a left had shooter as the modification is to the right side of the hammer.

Dr. Marneaus

Wheel Gun Guy
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
This is a Colt Officers model 38 special shipped in 1927. This gun has the action modified to a short hammer throw so it will not ignite primers in double action but will ignite primers single action. This was a modification for shooters in USRA competition. The sights and the grips are Walter Ropers.
The hammer has been modified to what was termed COCKEYED and it looks like for a left had shooter as the modification is to the right side of the hammer.

Interesting, so its basically single action only? I'm not familiar with that competition.

LASCHRIS

Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
I'm a loser so I don't play .... She does, she rarely loses, seems to always at least break even.
When she wins she buys me guns .... So I'm not complaining

Beretta A300 Outlander
Beretta 686 Onyx 20g
Ruger American 45
Sig Sauer P229 9 milli-metric
Remington 870
Uberti Outlaw 357m
now a
Ruger New Model Blackhawk 45lc
If you go away, wifey's new boyfriend gets all your guns!

The photo on the hammer is taken from above showing side plate seam.
USRA is US REVOLVER ASSOCIATION that shot at bullseye, was big until WW2.
You can find photos of the shooters standing bladed toward the target holding the gun with one hand at arms length.
The gun will function double action but hammer does not have enough power to ignite the primer, single action it does.
The trigger is crisp and the gun holds groups better than I can shoot.

Neither cylinder is cut for moon clips. There is a small brass piece in the edge of the extractor that fits into the recessed rim of the 9MM.
I tried the cylinder by putting a 9MM in the cylinder and holding cylinder with extractor facing down and the round will not fall free of the extractor until the extractor rod is pushed out.