• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

SHOW US YOUR AR PISTOL

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
I share your passion for short-barreled AR variants. And before my unfortunate accident involving a canoe, a grizzly bear, and parrot, I only had a few that I hadn't SBR'd, but I'll play:

Little home-brewed dedicated 22LR AR upper w/ CMMG 9" barrel assembled on a Aero M4E1 upper and Quantum rail. Pistol lower with a M&P15-22 magazine adapter, and Franklin AR-S1 binary trigger. Under rail flash can, that swaps out with one of my 22 cans for fun:

AR22 with Axiom2.jpg

A true Franken-beast:

Scratch build based on a PSA KS47 (Gen1) stripped upper and lower. 11" KAK barrel, YHM iron sight/gas block. I did the over-insertion mod on the upper that fixes the problem with the Gen1 KS47 platform (knew about that going in so did that first thing). Lower is rocking a truly-hideous old school original SB15 brace on a Phase5 tube. Chimera 30 cal can.

KS47_Can2.jpg

Tap and plug. Measure twice, tap once. Takes care of the magazine/BCG riding issue that the Gen1s had:

ReceiverTap_andPlug.jpg

Last edited:

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Looks like it is using the Dolos take down system. I'd like to see a head-to-head comparison between the Dolos and Cry Havok system (used in the Airforce GAU-5A Aircrew Self Defense Weapon) as to which system returns to zero 'better'. I've been looking at the Cry Havok system for a take down option (for a 10.5/11.5 build).

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
This is a little project I worked on a few years back. I had a random cerakoted FDE upper receiver laying around and thought I'd try to put together a matching kit. I painted the lower and the Samson rail with Duracoat Magpul FDE and it turned out pretty decent. Yes, that is a pistol can on there; works very well with subsonic 300BLK.

<link>

Last edited:
Love using the M4E1 for 'under rail' setups. They can get a little toasty depending on volume of fire, but I use a Burn Proof Gear Rail Rap for those that need it.
Same here, but I just use an angled fore grip on those guns. I’ve only tucked cans on pistol caliber stuff, so I never notice too much heat.

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Same here, but I just use an angled fore grip on those guns. I’ve only tucked cans on pistol caliber stuff, so I never notice too much heat.
I really like the increase in sight radius that the under rail solution provides for irons. For me at least it make a difference in tightening my groups at distance with irons.

Below as an example: Same barrel length but one with a 7" rail and one with a 12" rail. 5 more inches of sight radius with the under rail solution. (The 7" with an ASR mount, while the 12" is, however, restricted to direct thread since there'd be no way to get to the QD mount)

SizeComparo_underrail.jpg

And For some reason when I first saw that pic (your nightstand pistol) my brain simply would not identify the flashlight as a flashlight. I think I brain freezed for several seconds before reality kicked in an slapped me in the face :)

Last edited:
I really like the increase in sight radius that the under rail solution provides for irons. For me at least it make a difference in tightening my groups at distance with irons.

View attachment 64595

And For some reason when I first saw that pic (your nightstand pistol) my brain simply would not identify the flashlight as a flashlight. I think I brain freezed for several seconds before reality kicked in an slapped me in the face :)
I truly believe aero precision provides one of the slickest setups in the enhanced rail system. I’ve built probably 15 or more firearms using their setup and I love them all. I really like how the handguard truly is free floated, and doesn’t interact with the barrel nut at all. I think they’re unbeatable at their price point.