• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

So ..... GSG 1911 22lr

tdyoung58

Grumpy Old Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Just bought one on GB ..... Because it was cheaper than a conversion kit.

Anything I need to know about it. Other than not trying to load 45 or 9 milli-metric in it.

Last edited:

RFSALES

uber Member
I have 2,magazines are metal and not cheap but work good. Easy to take down to clean, I do mine about 500 rounds. I found that 22 ammo with heavy wax like the ammo from ARMSCOR (SP?) did not feed well never had a misfire and only feed problem was the heavy wax bullets.
I have one marked for Sig and 1 marked ATI. Sig does stock parts but ATI does, I bought 2 sets of springs.
Remember there is a magazine safety that can be defeated, I left mine as it came.
A friend tried one of my magazines in his Kimber with 22 conversion and it worked fine, Kimber mags feed lips wore out.

tdyoung58

Grumpy Old Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
magazines are metal and not cheap but work good.
most of my 1911 magazines are Wilson Combat so I know about the "not cheap" magazines. Then there's my extra Sig Sauer magazines which I think cost more than the WC.

Grumpyoldretiredcop

Grumpiness incarnate!
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Keep an eye on the sights. They're cheap plastic (at least they are on mine) and don't necessarily stay put. There are metal replacements out there.

tdyoung58

Grumpy Old Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Keep an eye on the sights. They're cheap plastic (at least they are on mine) and don't necessarily stay put. There are metal replacements out there.
Already checking out the accuracy upgrades ... Saw some Dawson sights I liked in looking. (Black rear, red fiber optic front)

Last edited:

tdyoung58

Grumpy Old Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
WoW .... Arrived today at my LGS.

Very happy with the weight of it compared to the Glock 44 I had. Probably weighs about the same as my RIA CCO 9mm and Sig C3 45 .... I know the C3 is 8 oz lighter than my Wilson Combat CQB.
Ordered 3 extra Magazines, came with free shipping, had to pay the tyrant's taxation.

Range time when the extra mags get here