• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Transfer Fee FAQ's

Guido

Vegas' Favorite Gun Store
Commercial Sponsor
What are Your Transfer Fees?

When you purchase a firearm from another vendor and having it shipped to us for local pickup:

$25.00 transfer fee ($20.00 for active LEO/.MIL) for up to three firearms, $5.00 for each additional firearm

$25.00 for NV Department of Public Safety Background Check (Imposed Fee Collected by State of NV)

8.1% Sales Tax on the purchase price of the firearm (Imposed Fee Collected by the State of NV)

No transfer fee will be charged if you are also purchasing a firearm from us at the same time as long as the amount of guns being transferred in equals 3 or less.

If you have a Nevada CCW issued on or after July 2011 there is no $25 Background Check Fee.

How it Works:

CLICK HERE for a contact form and choose “Incoming Firearm Transfer Notification”. You will be given an option to download a copy of our FFL to mail, e-mail, or fax to your dealer if needed.

As soon as the firearm(s) are received we will contact you to set up a day/time for pickup. You will complete a background check and then have the firearm(s) transferred over to you.

PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE STORE TO SEE IF YOUR GUN HAS ARRIVED!!
We will call and/or e-mail you once you’re gun is unpacked, processed into our system, and ready for pickup. Even if you have a tracking number and it shows that it has arrived it may not be processed into our system and ready for pickup, which could cause you an unnecessarily long wait when you show up to the store.

Who can legally purchase a firearm in our store?

To buy a handgun / handgun ammunition in our store you MUST BE:
21 years of age or older

A Nevada Resident with a Nevada Driver’s License / ID (For Firearms Only)

OR

A US Military member stationed in Nevada with a copy of your official orders and a utility bill for proof of physical residence)

To buy a long gun / long gun ammunition in our store you MUST BE:
18 years of age or older

A resident of any state except California. We still love all of our Kalifornia customers, but we don’t make the laws. Sorry guys! However, you can still purchase from us and we will ship it over to Cali for you to pick up at your favorite local dealer!

OR

A US Military member stationed in Nevada with a copy of your official orders and a utility bill for proof of physical residence)

To buy a stripped receiver or pistol grip shotgun (w/ no butt stock) in our store you MUST BE:

Same rules as handgun / handgun ammunition (See Above)

Last edited:

ampersand

Thank you for listing this information. And, yes, those are very good prices!

:thumbup:

collegeboy

Different Kind of Transfer

Guido,

Don't know if you've done this before - I would hope you don't have too many of your customers moving out of the area - but, my wife and I are retiring and moving to Florida.

I was going to drive one vehicle and pull a small trailer with things I didn't want to, or couldn't, ship - like ammo, coin collection, etc. Our daughter convinced me it would be so much easier on us 'old folks' if we shipped both vehicles, flew ourselves there, and had an FFL to FFL transfer for the ammo.

Is that something you can and would be willing to do? I trust your fees would be reasonable (like everything else). It just so happens there is a hardware store/gun shop right around the corner from the house we just bought down there. (In Florida it seems that almost every hardware store and every pawn shop is also a gun shop.) I'm in the process of contacting him to make sure he's an FFL (doesn't he have to be?) and verify his contact information.

Do you know if there are limits on amounts of ammo to be shipped like this?
Are there packaging requirements? (i.e., weight limits, type of box, labeling requirements, etc.)

If these are questions that should be discussed elsewhere, just let me know; I just thought there may be others interested in this information. Like I said, I hope not too many of your customers are moving away.

'collegeboy'

Guido

Commercial Sponsor
Not a problem. If you bring it up to Ashleigh she can give you an esitmate on shipping costs once she weighs the boxes. No restrictions on weight, we mark the boxes properly during out labeling, and no, ammo doesn't have to go to a dealer, so we would ship it straight to your new address to not incur any fees on the other end.

Of course we'll take care of you, even though we hate to see ya go!! But I'm sure you can spread the good word out there about our company as we try to grow on online retail presence.

Thanks and hope to see you at the store before you move!

utilitymoose

Active member (5.56mm)
So I take it I'm going to have to walk in there and find out(and most likely give you all the info I've emailed you 3 times now) I thought you had someone to answer the phones and emails? because either you don't or you guys have just been ignoring my calls and emails....this ****s getting ridiculous

Guido

Commercial Sponsor
Sir I'm sorry for the disconnect. I haven't had time to monitor the forums lately but we'll get to the bottom of this.

All of the e-mails we receive are answered daily and there are 3 people answering phones (during normal business hours) and return the messages.

If you call during normal business hours, press 4 as the instructions state and you will be connected to someone in our office.

If you PM me your e-mail address I will check our archives and see why you haven't received a response, because thats definitely not normal. You may also want to check your junk mail folder.

I just looked at the transfer section of the warehouse and we have an area for things that come in that we don't have info on and I didn't see any parts kits there so they may not have arrived yet. If they have arrived you would have gotten a phone call and/or e-mail.

Guido

Commercial Sponsor
Actually just found your e-mail with a quick search. You e-mailed at approx 2:34 on 11/1 and we responded on 11/1 at 4:52 with the following message

"Thank you for the heads up sir, we will contact you as soon as they come in, are processed into our system, and ready for you to pick up. Thank you for your business"

It was a direct reply to the address you sent it from. Sometimes it goes to spam or gets blocked completely because of the "Sales@" address.

Either way I'm sorry you couldn't get through, as like I have said, thats not normal.

We'll give you a shout as soon as your kits get here.

Thank you for your business.

utilitymoose

Active member (5.56mm)
Thanks, though I checked all of my mail I still can't find your reply I'm just happy you replied. I'll let you know when it gets shipped and when to expect it since the order is still processing.

utilitymoose

Active member (5.56mm)
And as for the phones not being answered it could also be my service since sprints been dropping my calls and has just generally been terrible the past few weeks.

robstar

Active member (5.56mm)
At 3:55pm I emailed a transfer request to NFA and had a response from them in at 4:12pm. I think 17 minutes is faster than I could have parked my car, walked in the door and requested it in person!

Great job as always NFA!

Thanks!

RobStar

Guido

Commercial Sponsor
Updated with new info with recent changes:

-No more Blue Cards
-No more 3 day wait

:appls::appls::AR-15::appls::appls:

MrTuna

Former Moderator
I picked up a transfer today and due to not keeping up with my forum reading I got surprised by the sales tax. I have been a customer since your opening and call some of your sales staff friends. I have always bought firearms you had on the shelf. I would prefer to order something through you guys than buy a particular item off Gunbroker. Can you get most firearms? I am sure just released high demand stuff may be difficult so excluding those?
Thanks and keep up the great work!

ora-600

Member (9mm)
Was there a receipt in the transfer? What would have happened if it didn't contain any record of what you paid for the firearm?

I picked up a transfer today and
due to not keeping up with my forum reading I got surprised by the sales tax. I have been a customer since your opening and call some of your sales staff friends. I have always bought firearms you had on the shelf. I would prefer to order something through you guys than buy a particular item off Gunbroker. Can you get most firearms? I am sure just released high demand stuff may be difficult so excluding those?

Guido

Commercial Sponsor
I picked up a transfer today and due to not keeping up with my forum reading I got surprised by the sales tax. I have been a customer since your opening and call some of your sales staff friends. I have always bought firearms you had on the shelf. I would prefer to order something through you guys than buy a particular item off Gunbroker. Can you get most firearms? I am sure just released high demand stuff may be difficult so excluding those?
Sure, we can order anything in, but if you can find a better deal online, its all the same now that you pay sales tax either way. Usually we can beat the online price once you add in the shipping, but many times there are some great deals out there, especially in a down market like right now where everyone is liquidating inventory.

We hate charging the tax and are working hard with the NRA and NVFAC to fight it......hopefully we can make some progress soon!

Guido

Commercial Sponsor
Was there a receipt in the transfer? What would have happened if it didn't contain any record of what you paid for the firearm?
This is one of the big flaws in their system. We trust our customers, so if you tell us you paid $100 then it is what it is if there's no receipt with the firearm.

If you tell us its a gift, then there's no tax on gifts. ;-)

MrTuna

Former Moderator
Sure, we can order anything in, but if you can find a better deal online, its all the same now that you pay sales tax either way. Usually we can beat the online price once you add in the shipping, but many times there are some great deals out there, especially in a down market like right now where everyone is liquidating inventory.

We hate charging the tax and are working hard with the NRA and NVFAC to fight it......hopefully we can make some progress soon!

Thanks for your efforts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for me it's all about availability AND price

I buy local when I can

Bart Carter

Negotiator
Forum Supporter
This is one of the big flaws in their system. We trust our customers, so if you tell us you paid $100 then it is what it is if there's no receipt with the firearm.

If you tell us its a gift, then there's no tax on gifts. ;-)
I may have a gift coming soon. Is this still your policy?