• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Vegas area

Noob here. Had a question, thinking of buying a 10-22 to get my son for his bday. I can only imagine wait times for backround check. Anyone know FFL in vegas area that releases after 3rd day? Thanks in advance

If you don’t mind a road trip I believe you are permitted to buy a rifle in any state if you’re legal to do so. Head over to UT or AZ.
Thanks for the answers, i do own couple of guns, baught some recently, just last time took like 10days due to not resolved or delay? Im not denied ever, just last time took like 2 weeks i remember would take like 15 minutes a long time ago. Was just wondering if not resolved in 3 days if there is local shop that releases if not resolved in 3 days.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
What was holding them up was the delay in the ASKING for permission. Only then was the 72-hr window allowed to begin. See, this way, your right to own a firearm wasn't REALLY infringed upon, because the state is so "busy," they can't yet acknowledge that you've asked for permission for your right.

Nevada is one of the worst states for this because they require the background check to go through an overtaxed office (so they can charge a fee) instead of directly to the free FBI database most states use.

Expect Lombardo to fix this if elected. HAHAHAHAHAHA. Sorry, I needed a laugh.

Last edited:

Raco

Forum Supporter
2022 Supporter
If you don’t mind a road trip I believe you are permitted to buy a rifle in any state if you’re legal to do so. Head over to UT or AZ.
I was in Lake Havasu and wanted a rifle I saw in one of the many GS they have. Had to have it shipped to an FFL here in Vegas for an extra 50.

flyer338

NRA Patriot Life Member Benefactor
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
One of the many benifits of a CCW is there is no wait for a background check on a FFL transfer or from a sale from inventory.

flyer338

NRA Patriot Life Member Benefactor
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
A C&R FFL is also useful; C&R firearms can be shipped from out of state directly to your door.

Kinoons

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
I was in Lake Havasu and wanted a rifle I saw in one of the many GS they have. Had to have it shipped to an FFL here in Vegas for an extra 50.
I am not familiar with all state laws, but per the ATF

In addition, a licensee may sell a rifle or shotgun to a person who is not a resident of the state where the licensee’s business premises is located in an over–the–counter transaction, provided the transaction complies with state law in the state where the licensee is located and in the state where the purchaser resides.
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/may-licensee-sell-firearm-nonlicensee-who-resident-another-state

I didn’t believe that NV, AZ, or UT had any additional requirements in place, but I’ll admit I haven’t looked.

Impact Guns, the original online gun store- guns, ammo, and accessories for low prices.