• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Wifey bought a rimfire. Now she wants an optic

AEADG

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Proud hubby moment, having shrugged off the yoke of CA 2A regulations, my wife bought her first gun, a Sig P322.

Something about her is that she is cross eye dominant and has a hard time aiming. Back in the day I had a Ruger MkIII with an inexpensive red dot which she enjoyed shooting. Of course she wants me to put an optic on her new pistol.

What can I put on this Sig? I looked around online and unless I want something that says "Sig" at a Sig price, I'm not really sure if the screws will line up on the slide. Other alternatives or explanations of the slide/sight bolt patterns will be appreciated. Say a budget of $200?

Pic for attention.

image1.jpeg

JTW_Jr

WheelGunner / Outsider
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
It's a rmsc foot print, so either rmsc, holosun 507k ( or 407k if you dont want a the reticle options, or Romeo Zero.
Holosun eps carry is also the same footprint.

Aswild

Well-known member (45 ACP)
I have one and I have put a crimson trace on it that was 100 bucks I put a Cyelee on it that was also @120 bucks and I have a holosun 407k 6moa green dot it was 200. I have a few thousand thru it and before that I shot my buddys and put a few thousand thru that too. I really like it I use it for steel challenge and my boy uses it one thing I did was buy the after market shoe aluminum with pre travel adjustments. It takes the plastic squishy feeling out of the trigger very nice

Last edited:

JTW_Jr

WheelGunner / Outsider
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Swampfox Sentinel & Hex Wasp are also the same footprint.

I have about 2k rounds on a 507k with no issues.

JTW_Jr

WheelGunner / Outsider
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
C'mon, spill da beans, what you going to put on it.
Be interested in how you like it, been looking at one of those Sigs myself.

AEADG

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
C'mon, spill da beans, what you going to put on it.
Be interested in how you like it, been looking at one of those Sigs myself.
A Holosun 407K X2 in FDE. It was discounted in that color. She'll just have to have a two-tone pistol or I can sharpie it black ;)

You will probably like the 322. It feels good, weighs about right and takes down easy. Sig throws in a swappable threaded barrel end and a loading gizmo in the box too. I was able to get the 20 round mags in Nellis for $30.

AEADG

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
No black ones or that’s the color she wanted has she shot it yet. Look at align tactical for the trigger
The FDE was $50 off lol.

She hasn't enough trigger time to ask about any mods aside from the optic. I might convince her to shoot a steel challenge to get proficient.

MAC702

I don't believe in the no-win scenario
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
I might convince her to shoot a steel challenge to get proficient.
It's a lot easier if she doesn't have a lot of experience with iron sights. I'm still way faster with irons than with a red dot. It's a big difference in the learning curve. But the guys that are good with dots will beat the guys that are good with irons.

JTW_Jr

WheelGunner / Outsider
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Big key to shooting with a red dot is to not stare at the dot. You do not focus on the dot, you focus on the target and when you see the flash of red appear on the target you fire.

I shoot irons the same way now, target focus and let the the front sight be out of focus.

AEADG

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Big key to shooting with a red dot is to not stare at the dot. You do not focus on the dot, you focus on the target and when you see the flash of red appear on the target you fire.

I shoot irons the same way now, target focus and let the the front sight be out of focus.
Damn, that will be learning curve for me. I was from the old "front sight, press" school of pistol shooting.

JTW_Jr

WheelGunner / Outsider
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Red dot is all about target focus, once embraced it is so much faster. I still try to get in at least 10 min of dryfire per day.