• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

2010 Jeep JK 2 door, real market value?

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Looking for a real world value of 2 door Sport, hard top.
Has 34" Patagonias with maybe 4k miles, old school black steel wheels, 2 or 3" Rubicon Express Lift, Billstein 5100 shocks, smoked LED lights.
60-65k miles

KBB is a joke.

Menyo1

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
You could always go to a dealer and get a free appraisal on like carmax/drive time places like that to get a better idea

its_me

Member (9mm)
If you are trying to sell it the easy way I would say the online guys (carvana and the like) would be the best followed by CarMax and then dealers. When checking those online companies you have to try them all though since they all have their own formulas to come up with price depending on what moved for them recently.

If you are trying to get top dollar and willing to do the work then I would appraise it on edmunds.com and search comparables on the sites you are planning to list on (Facebook, craigslist) and find a happy middle between those. You'll get a lot of randos wanting to kick tires but if you have the time you'll make the most money that way.

There is also the auction sites like "bring a trailer" and "cars and bids" but I have never used those. I think those would be best if you have something fairly rare or highly modified since the people frequenting them are usually car people who are willing to pay for the right car.

Jeff89178

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I’d see what Carmax offers. Back in 2013 I took my 2009 mustang there for an appraisal…. They offered me 11k for it .
Took it to ford dealer to trade in on F150 … dealer offered me 6500 trade in. I told them they were crazy ! Told em carmax offered 11k … they asked to see offer…. I showed em. My trade in value jumped up to 10,500 at dealer and I took it. ( I’m sure they sent the mustang to carmax and made an easy 500 bucks )

jfrey123

I aim to misbehave...
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
If you want to sell it yourself, find out what they’re selling for on lots around town.

The two doors aren’t as popular these days because everyone likes the 4 for the family. Carmax has a 2011 with obviously higher mileage at $21k. You should probably be able to ask a little more since yours is even lower mileage.

I’ll just say avoid falling into the trap of thinking your mods are gold plated. Wheels rarely add value since they’re a personal preference to the owner, used lift kits never return their full value on a sale because of wear and tear. Too many guys are trying to sell $35k Jeeps with $10k in mods for $60k because “muh labor.” I don’t think you’re that guy, so check what you can see 2 doors selling for on local lots and aim for just above that based on your low mileage.