• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

.308 Match grade ammo at NFA

Quickdraw

"Ho'old on there"
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I went out this weekend to test the 2 types of .308 match ammo that NFA has in stock. There has been a few people asking if the match ammo was worth the price. From what I've seen the prices at NFA for Federal Gold Medal Match and the Fiocchi Exacta is better than I could find on the internet. It was fairly windy on Friday and Saturday 7-10mph and variable when I was shooting. Temps around 85-90*. I shot some from a table at CCSP @ 100 yards and prone in the desert @ 100 meters. I used 2 different rifles: a Remington LTR with a 20" 1:12 barrel and a Savage 10 with a 24" 1:10 barrel. Before I went out I checked OAL and concentricity on both rounds. The FGMM ran 2.795 to 2.805 OAL with .001-.003 concentricity. The Fiocchi ran 2.775-2.785 OAL with .002-.004 concentricity.

Remington LTR FGMM

Savage FGMM

I yanked a shot in each group shooting prone.

Overall I thought that both types of ammo was accurate and consistent. They both shot well under MOA even with my tired eyes and shakey hands. Standard factory ammo probably shoots between 1.5 - 2.5 MOA with an occasional flyer.

Last edited: