• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Any Experience or Recommendations on Clear Bras?

MJW89519

American, 100% American.
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
For 4x4 trucks! 😁

Anyway, I just bought a 2023 Chevrolet Silverado RST and wondering if I should put a clear bra on the front and in the door handle pockets. Looking at LLumar product from local shop, Trimline Truck & Auto Accessories. Have not looked at competing products, stuck on whether I should even be considering it or not. Your thoughts?

IMG_1871.jpg

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I've had Avery Stone Shield installed on two vehicles it was excellent. Well worth the investment to keep a nice vehicle nice. It has been more than a handful of years since I had it done though. Not sure if it is still the same name or if there are any local installers. Sorry.

Bob R

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I have had Xpel on my truck for a year now. It still looks new. It also has a 10 year warranty. My entire front clip is covered, the headlights and the front of the rear fenders (dually). I used Gloss It and am happy. There are a ton of installers in LV. Resesrch and pick the one you like.

bob

BW64

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Me too! I thought it was a sex thread!!

Ronsmag

Dam I got old fast !!
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2023 Supporter
To be truthful here, my sons car has one and when it's clean you can't see it
but when it gets dusty you see the line across the hood he has a Honda Accord dark blue I should mention it's a 2014 and it was put on new
not sure where his uncle gave him the car he lived in Carson City

jfrey123

I aim to misbehave...
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
My Honda CRV came with some type of clear stone guard film on the front of the hood and mirrors. Thought I would hate seeing the lines all the time, but I barely notice it anymore. And it’s handled the NorNev winters far better than the front end of our Lexus because of it.

MAC702

I don't believe in the no-win scenario
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
some type of clear stone guard film on the front of the hood and mirrors. Thought I would hate seeing the lines all the time, but I barely notice it anymore.
The leading edges of the dually fenders on my last pickup had the same. I stopped noticing them.

Harley

BANNED FOR LIFE+35 Because he dared me to do it!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
The leading edges of the dually fenders on my last pickup had the same. I stopped noticing them.
Thats cause ya never washed it and the dirt just made the lines level with the rest!

tdyoung58

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty.
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Buddy had one put on his wife's car when they first bought it, after about two years it started to yellow. By the time they took it off the hood was discolored and had to get repainted

RenoBravo

Active member (5.56mm)
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
Dude..get a ceramic treatment ASAP!

It will protect all of the paint, glass, bumper, grill, wheels and more from all kinds of stuff plus it will make the paint look great.

You also never really need more than a drive thru wash and rinse for the truck to look brand new again.

I did it on my rig when it was less than a month old and two years later it looks like it did when I drove it off the showroom floor, even after multiple trips out over BLM land.

A good treatment runs about $600-$750 but your future self will thank you.

IMG_7335.jpeg

IMG_7338.jpeg

This is what I had it done with:
https://ownerspride.com/ceramic-coating/

MJW89519

American, 100% American.
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I settled on Ceramic Pro's Silver package (https://ceramicpro.com/products/) with 5-year warranty for $1,500. As they describe:
  • 1 Layer of 9H
  • 1 Layer of Top Coat
  • 1 Layer of 9H on plastics
  • 1 Layer of Wheel & Caliper on wheel faces
  • 1 Layer of Glass on windshield
Automotive Butler (https://www.automotivebutler.com/) in Sparks put it on Thursday, will do a wash and check in two weeks. The want it back annually for clean and check, $135, which adds extra 2-years to the warranty each time.

Time will tell if this was a good investment.