AR question for NFA

Chris6af

Was thinking of buying a Plumcrazy lower and having you guys build me one of your custom complete uppers. 2 questions though...

1) Do you have any of the lowers in right now/when will you have them

2) How well does your upper match up with that lower? Big gap or tight fit?

:bigviolent:

Facejackets

Well-known member (45 ACP)
I don't work for NFA nor did I stay in a Holiday Inn last night, but I do own a Plum Crazy lower.

I also have a key hole upper which is the same uppers NFA uses and the fit is very tight. No wobble at all.

Mike P

I have one of the Plum Crazy setups from NFA and it has been trouble free for me. Had a few double shots, but nothing crazy.

Nice budget AR setup.

GetRealLV

I have the same setup. Had to have the gas key re-staked and good to go at probably 2K rounds now. It had a couple of double shots when my son fired it but I have not had that issue. Overall very happy.

GetRealLV

Yep....occasionally it will fire two rounds very quickly. Again, this may have something to do with play or another issue in the trigger assembly combined with incorrect digit position on the trigger. It happened to my 14 year old but with probably 2K rounds myself it has not happened to me.

Rider79

Obsessed Member
You should get that taken care of. The ATF has already shown that they see no difference between a malfunctioning AR15 and an illegally manufactured full auto. There's a guy from the national guard in prison in Montana, I believe, for this.

GetRealLV

Thanks guys, I have done some searching and cannot find others with related issues. Any AR Gurus know what causes this?

Guido

Vegas' Favorite Gun Store
Commercial Sponsor
If you're positive that it fired off 2 rounds with one press of the trigger and that it wasn't a bump fire or your son pulling the trigger quickly, then bring it back and we'll get you squared away.

Chris6af

Lowers???

Hey Guido when are you guys getting those plumcrazy lowers in? Ready to have you guys build my upper but no lower means no Bang Bang!

fixer

Thanks guys, I have done some searching and cannot find others with related issues. Any AR Gurus know what causes this?
it's been a while since i've seen one do that, but IIRC i've seen it happen with with worn FCG (trigger group) parts. the FCG on the Plum Crazy lowers is plastic. and while i don't have one, it MAY be possible for the plastic FCG parts to be out of spec, or have the engagement surfaces wear prematurely for some reason.

tere could be other causes, and i'm not saying that plastic is bad for everything. i suspect that a new FCG, either metal or plastic would resolve the problem... however it's not the only possible cause for the problem, just seems like a likely one.

sounds like Guido will take care of you when you take it in.

thirtyoughtsixn

I don't work for NFA nor did I stay in a Holiday Inn last night, but I do own a Plum Crazy lower.

I also have a key hole upper which is the same uppers NFA uses and the fit is very tight. No wobble at all.
The fit is tighter than an 18 y/o virgin...well if one still exists...you get the point. The tighter the better IMO though. :thumbup:

it's been a while since i've seen one do that, but IIRC i've seen it happen with with worn FCG (trigger group) parts. the FCG on the Plum Crazy lowers is plastic. and while i don't have one, it MAY be possible for the plastic FCG parts to be out of spec, or have the engagement surfaces wear prematurely for some reason.

tere could be other causes, and i'm not saying that plastic is bad for everything. i suspect that a new FCG, either metal or plastic would resolve the problem... however it's not the only possible cause for the problem, just seems like a likely one.

sounds like Guido will take care of you when you take it in.
Polymer on polymer wear is pretty much not an issue since their *usual* inherit self lubricating properties. The out of spec deal, that is probably it. :smilewinkgrin:

damien702

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
in my younger days i built a trigger group wrong and my AR did the same thing. its been a while but i distinctly remember putting a spring in the wrong place. it was a standard GI trigger. i put it on the little bump thingy instead of that little flat thingy... lets just say i have learned my lesson...

sksbubba

in my younger days i built a trigger group wrong and my AR did the same thing. its been a while but i distinctly remember putting a spring in the wrong place. it was a standard GI trigger. i put it on the little bump thingy instead of that little flat thingy... lets just say i have learned my lesson...
Hmmmm...is that how to bumpfire from the shoulder? I'm still young.:devil: