• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

FREE Amateur Radio Exams in Pahrump, NV

NYECOGunsmith

WILL BAN FOR AAA Batteries
Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
The Nye County Emergency Communications Group, call sign W7NYE, is now offering FREE amateur radio exams for all three classes of license, Technician, General and Extra, on the third (3rd) Saturday of each month at 1300 hours (1 PM) at the Nye County Emergency Operations Center (the EOC), located at 1510 East Siri Lane, Pahrump, NV 89060.

Send an email to W7NYE@Yahoo.com to register for an exam, or to obtain FREE study materials for any or all of the three classes of license.

A registration is required, because if no one registers by 1700 hours (5PM) on the Thursday immediately before the exam date, we cancel the exam and free up the room at the EOC.

You must have a FCC Registration Number (FRN) prior to the exam and provide it in the registration form you will get if you email W7NYE@Yahoo.com to register.
I can walk you through the obtaining the FRN, it's easy and FREE.

The exam is FREE, but you still have to pay the FCC $35 to get the license once you pass the exam.

Other volunteer Examiner groups charge $15, which they have to pay to the ARRL (American Radio Relay League) to get the ARRL to send the test info on to the FCC.

I am a Lead Volunteer Examiner for the Laurel Volunteer Examiner Coordinators (Laurel VEC Group), we don't charge the $15 test fee because we have the ability to directly input the exam results and all associated paperwork directly to the FCC.

The result is no fee, and you normally get your license much faster.
Last Saturday's examinee got his license yesterday, only 3 days after the exam, instead of the usual 10-14 day wait.

NYECOGunsmith

WILL BAN FOR AAA Batteries
Staff member
Administrator
Lead Bouncer
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
There is a Laurel 'VE team in Vegas as well, so you don't have to come to Pahrump for a free exam, I will post their contact info when I get home.
I think their exams are the first Saturday of the month at 0800 hours, all Laurel 'VE exams anywhere in the USA are free, have been since 1984.

Gunhand

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I gotta get some emergency comms going for the Ranch!!