Guido is a an excellent business owner

JohnnyK

"My name is NOT Johnny!"
Forum Supporter
Well, let's just say that I "ambushed" Guido at the June 15th meet and greet at Goodfellas Pizza. I did it that way intentionally.

Guido not only addressed the specific issues I had with a previous visit to NFA, but he remedied the whole situation right there and then. He made sure that all parties were heard, and explained how and why things occurred as they did.

After everything was addressed, all in all, he convinced me to remain a customer, and demonstrated exactly why his company will succeed in the future!

Guido, thanks again for handling things in such an awesome manner!

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Dude, you bugged the poor guy during his time off??? :biggrinjester:

Kidding, as a business owner, [MENTION=583]Guido[/MENTION] doesn't get time off!!

Dhayes

NFA is a great store, I enjoy going there with my Husband. The folks that work there are friendly and helpful. I was inspired to make an NFA Barbie and tried to copy some of the details and items seen at NFA. There is an Extar pistol that I made (with what I could piece together from toy gun parts and a real AR handguard), an AR15, a lever action rifle, and a pump action shotgun hanging on the wall behind her. I got the black wire squares & used zip ties to make the display walls. There is also a hanging clip strip with all the Barbie sized Paracord Survival bracelets I made.

Here is a close up of the display case (a 10 gallon aquarium I got at a thrift store) with hand guns inside, and a box of demilled hand grenades(made from squirters I got at Dollar Tree store & painted) and some targets on the top of the display case. The base under the display case is a wire basket filled with ammo boxes, a range box, and a wallet.The floor of the display is a washing machine overflow tray.

I plan on "Showing Off" my project at the NFA Grand Opening Party later this Summer.

SL05H

Active member (5.56mm)
Forum Supporter
Ummm OK?? Not sure what that had to do with the OP.

Anytime, which isn't very often, that I had an issue with a purchase from NFA, it was rectified right away. Their customer service is awesome which is why I drive all the way from Henderson and pretty much only shop there.

Dhayes

Ummm OK?? Not sure what that had to do with the OP.

Anytime, which isn't very often, that I had an issue with a purchase from NFA, it was rectified right away. Their customer service is awesome which is why I drive all the way from Henderson and pretty much only shop there.
I made that display because, as you mentioned, their customer service is great (& their staff is friendly.) I wanted to show appreciation, so I made a one of a kind display. I was agreeing with the OP by showing their customer service is worth recognition.

Quickdraw

"Ho'old on there"
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Guido and staff have always treated me and my wife great and have earned my continuing business so I know exactly where you are coming from.

On a side note let's keep this thread on topic.

jpa

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Couldn't agree more. I've been buying stuff here and there from NFA since before they opened. Guido is a good guy and the staff has always been more than helpful. I've never had a problem there and I know if I ever did that there wouldn't be a problem getting it fixed.

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Time for my input! :ranting: Yeah, Guido, I'm a little pissed! I PMed you, but no answer!
-
I took a 1911 in for a new barrel, to be threaded for a supplied compensator, on . . . wait for it . . . 3/30/13. Brad took my order and my gun!

Twice since inquired about a due date. Nothing yet!!!!!!

OVER 3 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!

_

At this point, I think I should get the work done and parts supplied, and shipped to Pahrump, for free! I gave NFA plenty of time to do the work properly and within reasonable time. Three months plus for a new cheap barrel and threaded seems like a little much!

Considering NFA bought the mill and lathe, and all sorts of associated tooling through me a year before, there is not much wiggle room to say you guys can't handle a simple job!

(Thanks for the professional courtesy . . NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

How say you?

-----------------------------\

If you can't do it, I'll pick the gun up and have a smith here in Pahrump do it!

Regards, Bob

Last edited:

Guido

Vegas' Favorite Gun Store
Commercial Sponsor
Good morning to you too Bob! :drunktalk:

Thanks for your .02, I'll put the other .98 cents in here publically since you decided this was the best place to deal with this, I figured you wouldn't mind either.

You PM'd me 3 days ago on a holiday weekend. I usually don't check them daily to be honest with you, but if you had e-mailed the shop you would have got an answer within 12 hours like the other 200-300 e-mails we get daily. Beyond that you have my cell phone number if there was a problem, and I would have looked into it immediately.

When you brought the gun in 3 months ago, you brought it in with one shot out bbl and one junk bbl that wouldn't do the job. You've spoke with Brad, our gunsmith about this and explained the situation and you both agreed to SAVE YOU MONEY (Over $250) he was going to order you a drop in storm lake bbl (which he explained to you would take some time to get. Its not an off the shelf part. And because of your compensator thread pattern we had to send the bbl out for threading because Brad wasn't comfortable doing it, which we did 2 weeks ago when the bbl came in. Its been back at the shop for 6 days. Its on the schedule to be completed sometime on Tuesday of this coming week.

So we've had the parts for a total of 6 days and in 2 days it will be complete. So 8 days to turn your gun around isn't that wacky of a concept considering you could have brought it to the other gunsmiths in town and waited a year plus at double the shop rate.

I'm sorry that wasn't good enough for you, and if you wanted the "buddy hook up" or a rushed job you could have called me or e-mailed the shop. If you had called me, I would probably have seen what I could do to speed things up, but it wouldn't have been possible to do that by more than a couple of days since we were waiting on parts we had to order for you. And I would have had to bump another (patiently waiting) customers job because of your emergency 1911 bbl swap.

For the record there's a big difference in a gun sitting somewhere for repair for 3 months, and a gun sitting somewhere for 3 months because we're waiting on parts for it. I don't see every gun that comes in and out of there unfortunately because if i did I would get nothing else done all day, but like I said, if you had called me or e-mailed when you had an issue, I think you know I would have looked into it sooner, and even though there was nothing in my power to speed up the parts that were ordered, I would have tried to help anyway I could.

Thanks again for the great start to this beautiful day, your feedback has been heard! :D

Time for my input! :ranting: Yeah, Guido, I'm a little pissed! I PMed you, but no answer!
-
I took a 1911 in for a new barrel, to be threaded for a supplied compensator, on . . . wait for it . . . 3/30/13. Brad took my order and my gun!

Twice since inquired about a due date. Nothing yet!!!!!!

OVER 3 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!

_

At this point, I think I should get the work done and parts supplied, and shipped to Pahrump, for free! I gave NFA plenty of time to do the work properly and within reasonable time. Three months plus for a new cheap barrel and threaded seems like a little much!

Considering NFA bought the mill and lathe, and all sorts of associated tooling through me a year before, there is not much wiggle room to say you guys can't handle a simple job!

(Thanks for the professional courtesy . . NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

How say you?

-----------------------------\

If you can't do it, I'll pick the gun up and have a smith here in Pahrump do it!

Regards, Bob

Last edited:

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Guido,

That's a better answer than just "We're working on it."

I didn't know barrels were so difficult to obtain. Brad said he would have to order one, but didn't allude to a 3 month wait. That would not have changed my decision to have the work done, and I would have had a better understanding of how long it would take.

I felt like I was just being placed at the back of the line for some reason, and started getting frustrated. And maybe a 'once a month' update wouldn't hurt.

Sorry if I didn't go through the proper channels, but I wasn't aware that there were so many protocols. I did not expect nor ask for any Good Ol' Boy treatment or back door price.

-

I stand corrected. You explained in detail, so I will try to be patient now. Thank you for clarifying. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Regards, Bob

Last edited:

Guido

Vegas' Favorite Gun Store
Commercial Sponsor
I understand it can get frustrating, but its frustrating for us too. We can't get updates on parts that we order either, so that's half the battle.

I know Brad puts guns out faster than anyone in town, because we get a lot of business that gets pulled from other shops after 6,8,12, and 14 months without being touched and his turn around time is much better.

I'll start taking a quick glance through the repairs once a month or so to make sure nothing like this stands out, and even if its a quick phone call to let you know that we're giving you an update that we have no update :lol: I'll make sure the girls give everyone a shout.

Talk to you soon!

utilitymoose

Active member (5.56mm)
I used to think everyone at new frontier was kind of a douche, until I just read Guidos reply now I have to say I honestly respect your guys a lot more.

okdonk

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
I used to think everyone at new frontier was kind of a douche, until I just read Guidos reply now I have to say I honestly respect your guys a lot more.
Glad you changed your thought about them. Wait till you see Guido in person, he's kind and cute guy :). Haha
Happy sunday all!

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Wait till you see Guido in person, he's . . . cute guy :). Haha
Happy sunday all!
Um . . . I have never seen him that way, and he's probably relieved about that! :lol:

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Update:

I picked the completed gun up yesterday.

Excellent gunsmithing and customer follow-up by Brad. Great pricing.

Thanks, guys.