• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Guido - yhm 9383 heads up

AJL48

you might want to measure the rest of your in stock YHM 9383 .750 Low Pro Gas Blocks. I puchased one from Cliff that needs to be returned as it measures .740.

Guido

Vegas' Favorite Gun Store
Commercial Sponsor
Some of them have tight tolerances, we will trade it how here for you thats no problem We get them on with a little oil without a problem. I much rather have them be tight then loose. We've only had one too tight to get on out of the last batch of 500 we went through.

Thanks for the heads up though!:hurray:

AJL48

I already replaced it. Experience tells me a .010 interference fit (.005 per side) will be a bit much to coax off, without heat, should it ever need be removed or replaced. I'll get back over at some point for a store credit as I'm not close to the store if that will work for you. This was not an attempt to talk poorly of your company here on the forum, it was to help. My apology for any misunderstanding.

Last edited by a moderator:

teRRy702

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
if you're in the southwest, I can take it in to trade for you. I've got to get back in there tomorrow anyway. I'm near Desert Inn and Buffalo.

<edit> sorry, I re-read your post... I can take it in for your store credit for you, if that would work...

Last edited:

AJL48

Very kind of you Terry ... I'm Durango and Oakey but I need a store credit not sure how that can be handled?

teRRy702

Forum Supporter
If Guido signs on and reads this to work it out with you, please let me know. I'm leaving my house at 6:45 AM tomorrow, so if you let me know before then, I'm game to help. Heading to Home Depot now but I'll be back in a bit.

teRRy702

Forum Supporter
Sorry brother, was already there and back today....

If this works, I have to be at Nellis next Saturday... can stop by on my way home... let me know.

AJL48

Terry .. thx but again.. I've already replaced the gas block.

Last edited by a moderator:

One Sic Soul

If he just offered to replace it, why are you getting your panties in a twist as if the store is doing you wrong?

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I said nothing about replacement policy sir.
I was thinking the same thing - if you bring it back to him he'd replace it for you. What more can a retailer do? Are you expecting him to personally drive to your house with a refund?

AJL48

I was thinking the same thing - if you bring it back to him he'd replace it for you. What more can a retailer do? Are you expecting him to personally drive to your house with a refund?
I err'd in reading Guido's reply to me, missing him thanking me for the headsup and replied in haste. So instead his reply felt like I was being singled out as the only one unable to assemble the gas block after he had assembled 500 of them. Im human and sometimes humans make errors.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
It happens...

When I first read one of your replies I had to take a breather thinking I misread it - then OneSicSoul replied and I'm like, no I am not readin it wrong.

The guys at NFA really do go above and beyond. Guido is good at clearing up any problems.

Happy shooting!

Quickdraw

"Ho'old on there"
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I know for a fact that customer service is the #1 concern of everyone at NFA. The owners there have and always will do everything within there power to take care of their customers. I know that the #1 thing that they take pride in is their reputation in making every person who walks in their door feel satisfied with every dollar and minute they spend there. This definately must just be a misunderstanding.

AJL48

Guys.. just to make clear .. this was NEVER about customer service. Please note my thread Title. Further nowheres' in my post to Guido did I even mention Return, Exchange or Credit. This was just a heads up for Guido about a faulty spec'd part. I just misinterpreted Guido's reply to me and the rest is history. My apology to all for this fiasco.

Guido

Vegas' Favorite Gun Store
Commercial Sponsor
Glad that was cleared up, I was a little confused myself.

Sorry if I came off the wrong way, and like I said, we will make right on anything we sell if its not working out for you.