• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Looking for a Mechanic for a Motor Swap

Maxcarp

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2023 Supporter
I have a close friend who is looking for a competent mechanic to install a used 3.8 V6 into a 2000 Camaro.The old motor has been pulled already,and the replacement is there ready to be installed.The mechanic who pulled the motor out is not available now,so we are looking for someone new.The new motor was heard running before it was pulled out of the donor car,so it should be ready to run once installed.The car is located out on West Blue Diamond road.My friend is ready to make it worthwhile for someone willing to tackle the job

Optimus

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
Classic Auto on Decatur and Cheyenne is an amazing shop Jason is the owner and and he is a great mechanic. This is the only shop I go to anymore. He will treat you right at an affordable price.

Bango19Skank

Geesh why did I buy that?
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Just randomly browsing these posts and saw this one. I take it this hasn’t been completed yet? Is this a matching engine? Year for year or is it a custom one off? Next, is it in the basket case category as in I’ve got some extra nuts and bolts in my pocket and they should fit somewhere or is it somewhat orderly. Lastly are we dealing with a long block or short. That’s kind of a big one with attention to being in basket case category.

ehudakine

Member (9mm)
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I have a close friend who is looking for a competent mechanic to install a used 3.8 V6 into a 2000 Camaro.The old motor has been pulled already,and the replacement is there ready to be installed.The mechanic who pulled the motor out is not available now,so we are looking for someone new.The new motor was heard running before it was pulled out of the donor car,so it should be ready to run once installed.The car is located out on West Blue Diamond road.My friend is ready to make it worthwhile for someone willing to tackle the job
IMG_4758.jpeg

Maxx

Most Infamous Member (.50 BMG)
Forum Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I was a auto tech for most of my adult life, would never pull a bad motor out until I had its replacement sitting right there next to my lift.
What bolt goes where? How does the harness route and what connector goes where? How did I tilt and angle the old motor and what was attached when I pulled it? Remembering those details were priceless.

Don’t mean to be a dick, Should have left the old motor in it, would have made it much easier for the next guy.

Reminds me of why I didn’t do side work.

Last edited: