• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Nobody answers the phone.

turborich

Well-known member (45 ACP)
I've called several times over the last couple of weeks and nobody ever answers the phone! You guys need to work on this. I like to know if what I need is in stock before I drive across town.

Las Vegan

Gettin' there
I made the mistake of driving up there earlier this week on what is usually a day they are open, calling the whole way and getting the answering machine each time. When I got there, there was a sign on the door saying that they were closed until Friday (today) due to the SHOT show. It would have been nice if they had taken a moment to put that info on the phone message first, rather than letting so many customers make the long drive.

There were lost customers leaving as I pulled up, and more arriving as I was leaving. Considering the good service that I usually get there, I was surprised.

Guido

Vegas' Favorite Gun Store
Commercial Sponsor
There are 4 girls answering the phones daily. Problem is we only have 7 lines and they are getting bogged down for about 17 hours a day right now. The answering machine fills up while they're emptying it.

Wish there was a better way, but there isn't at the moment, so you'll have to bare with us as we all deal with this situation. As much as we love the increased business, we're ready for this madness to come to an end and get back to normal.

Las Vegan

Gettin' there
Wish there was a better way, but there isn't at the moment...
A message on the voice mail saying that you're closed for the week? A notice on the website? I would not have made the drive if either of those things had been done.

Anyway, sh!t happens, no big deal. I hope you had a good week, and I'll be back in soon enough.

ElevenBravo

IIRC you have more digital lines than your system is configured for. This causes the overflow calls to be shunted into Lala land.

SL Dangerous

Zombies aren't real
Forum Supporter
I too started to get frustrated last week trying to call in to check stock status on a gun (non-evil AR/AK/sniper rifle even) but I 100% agree that they are swamped. Inventory is hard to come by to put out for sale.

Guido - maybe a real time story inventory on the web page as a possibility? It's easy to tell on Gun Genie that you have them at least to be ordered online.

Maxx

Most Infamous Member (.50 BMG)
Forum Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Where I work, we get heat over not being able to answer the phones during peak hours.

You have to take care of the customer you have in front of you first.
Sometimes you cant do both.

glocker

Active member (5.56mm)
Forum Supporter
Where I work, we get heat over not being able to answer the phones during peak hours.

You have to take care of the customer you have in front of you first.
Sometimes you cant do both.
Agreed! I hate when someone is helping me and then they walk away to answer a phone. So I get it, if I've got 20 people in the store I wouldn't answer the phone probably.

pc911lv

Sith Lord
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
Two Different Complaints Here

1. There are no human beings to answer the phones. We understand, they are helping customers inside the store, no problem.
2. The second problem seems to be this:
You have X amount of phone lines, I think you said 7. However it seems that they are either not all plugged into your phone system, or the phone company has put other lines in your rotary that are not on your phone system.

Problem 1 is completely understandable right now, all the stores went crazy. Problem 2 is that when people do call, they don't receive any recordings or auto attendant playbacks to hear your hours and such.

tbugher62

NFA is always packed,and its first come first served,I waited over an hour for my background check,if you call you will be waiting a LONG time as every single worker he has is helping customers whom are actually buying something not calling about something.Calling is out the door for now anywhere you go.NFA cant just hire a bunch more people,only to have to let them go when things settle down.Being stocked up and prepared is the best.

larryis1

Was at NFA this afternoon and their semi auto rifles are almost all gone, popular handguns almost all gone and almost no 9 mm target ammo at a reasonable price.

tbugher62

Yeah they are pretty much empty,I guess with nothing to sell they can start answering phones again.....

ElevenBravo

poor cliff has been running himself ragged attending gun shows and working the other side of the house, plus having to deal with the city with all the expansion business. and then there's the neer-do-wells like me and the wife go paw through everything in the discount locker and sit on his couch.

Dhayes

poor cliff has been running himself ragged attending gun shows and working the other side of the house, plus having to deal with the city with all the expansion business. and then there's the neer-do-wells like me and the wife go paw through everything in the discount locker and sit on his couch.
I've found many good things in that $5 foot locker :) I'm also building a nice t-shirt collection from the selection on the rack as well. We'll each have to get that ATF t-shirt next

turborich

If I can't get someone to answer the phone after calling 5 or 6 times it's a bit frustrating. I have even sent an e-mail and it was never responded to. Like I said before, I don't want to drive across town if it's not in stock.

posted by tbugher62

"NFA is always packed,and its first come first served,I waited over an hour for my background check,if you call you will be waiting a LONG time as every single worker he has is helping customers whom are actually buying something not calling about something.Calling is out the door for now anywhere you go.NFA cant just hire a bunch more people,only to have to let them go when things settle down.Being stocked up and prepared is the best."

I guess that the "customers that are actually buying things" must be more important than the ones who would buy things if they were in stock. Your comment makes it sound like there is no customer service.

No offense to NFA but if answering the phone is out of the question then I won't be shopping there anymore. The other shops still answer the phones.

turborich

I wanted to update my post.

Since NFA has expanded it is easy to get a human on the phone. I have been in a few times and the staff has been friendly and knowledgeable.

I just wanted to say thank you for getting the phones squared away.

Guido

Vegas' Favorite Gun Store
Commercial Sponsor
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. We're still working on the phone system, we're supposed to get our new setup within the next month and it will make it even easier, but you should all be able to get through now during business hours by calling and pressing 4.

We're also now open 7 days a week from 10AM - 6PM.